CRM

jayneyer

Shopify <> Google Analytics <> Hubspot Attribution

SOLVE

Hello,

I want to ensure we have correct attribution for orders for our website, Sanapackaging.com.  We use Shopify for our CMS.  Sometimes people can check out directly on the website (no issues with attribution), but other times they send us a message first (this is a Hubspot form integration).

After the send us a contact message by email, we then call them to learn more about their need, and issue them an invoice via shopify.

We want to ensure that its original attribution gets recorded via that invoice. So if they came in via referral, an ad, or different means— we want to make sure their original attribution is tagged correctly when we send them the invoice after contact.

What is the best means for doing this?  Ultimately Google Analytics is how we view our data, but it seems Shopify/Hubspot need to relay that information into Google Analytics.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ShanePunt
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey, Shane here from Huble Digital

I worked on Shopify a little bit before, so I may have some insight.

Your best reporting tool is most likely to view the reports in HubSpot if you have Marketing Pro or above as this data is more accurate than GA which doesnt look at contacts.

Are you seeing manual invoice deals come through in your ecommce pipline? 

- If so are you associating the contact to the deal (this how attribution is done in HS)?

A lot of clients who I work with you have a dual offline & ecommerce sales process have two different piplines in HubSpot to track sales.

If you do want to use GA, my recomendation is to use tag manager to set up a goal event with a tag. They question you need to ask your self is what is that goal - is it the form submission or is it accepting the invoice? Also is the value of the invoice a consideration? If it is, your goal event needs to pull in that information with some higher grade variables. 

Also in what format is the invoice? GA will only be able to report on user actions that are website based. HubSpot is the tool you should use for reporting on email/ email interaction (again only if you use Marketing Pro or higher).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
ShanePunt
Solution

SOLVE

Hey, Shane here from Huble Digital

I worked on Shopify a little bit before, so I may have some insight.

Your best reporting tool is most likely to view the reports in HubSpot if you have Marketing Pro or above as this data is more accurate than GA which doesnt look at contacts.

Are you seeing manual invoice deals come through in your ecommce pipline? 

- If so are you associating the contact to the deal (this how attribution is done in HS)?

A lot of clients who I work with you have a dual offline & ecommerce sales process have two different piplines in HubSpot to track sales.

If you do want to use GA, my recomendation is to use tag manager to set up a goal event with a tag. They question you need to ask your self is what is that goal - is it the form submission or is it accepting the invoice? Also is the value of the invoice a consideration? If it is, your goal event needs to pull in that information with some higher grade variables. 

Also in what format is the invoice? GA will only be able to report on user actions that are website based. HubSpot is the tool you should use for reporting on email/ email interaction (again only if you use Marketing Pro or higher).

jayneyer

SOLVE

Shane, appreciate the response!

Is marketing pro a requirement to use this feature I take it?

We dont have that currently, but looks like we might need to switch.  The invoice is currently being manually processed in Shopify (the same channel the contact comes in from).

We actually see that information inside of Shopify, but ONLY when I look at the order # itself.  

0 Upvotes
ShanePunt

SOLVE

To get that level of source attribution I would say it is highly recommended.

All Shopify checkout will be reflected in Hubspot if you use the free integration. With marketing pro though you get access to some very nice attribution to the contacts and any deals associated with the contacts.

Just a note - you may need to manually associate the contact with the deal to get that attribution coming through on the order, but if the way you manage payments is like in this video you should be good as the contact is already associated with the order. It's an easy thing to test 1st with the integration before buying Pro.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you @ShanePunt !

@jayneyer please check Shane's advice!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jayneyer ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

@darynsmith and @jonchim , could you share how you'd approach this?

0 Upvotes
jayneyer

SOLVE

Its a good start!  Still need a bit more info unfortunately.

0 Upvotes