CRM

AndyRidell
Mitglied

Sharing contacts between multiple accounts

lösung

Hi

We have multiple companies which are all run by the same team, and therefor the same clientbase and it would be useful to share/sync contacts between multiple accounts, rather than having to enter them 3 times.

I understand that syncing contatcts between multiple HubSpot accounts is not a feature, but was wondering if anyone has found a workaround?

Currently, each company has it's own hubspot account so that we can run seperate reports and campaigns etc. But the contact syncing is such a time-consuming issue we had considered merging the accounts and adding a field to Deals for the specific company to be selected (with the obvious limitations that brings)!

Any ideas would be helpful, thanks

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @AndyRidell 

You could probably do a lot with custom API integration - sending records between portals and creating timeline activities, etc.

However, in your situation you sound like an ideal user for Marketing Hub Enterprise. 

Marketing Hub Enterprise plus brand domains (two are included) allow you operate campaigns for different brands off the same database. With recent enhancement, the partition of data and assets has got better, you can now create multiple email preference centres too. 

Have you considered this approach lately?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Vectordude
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi @AndyRidell ,

I have dealt with the exact same issue. If all you want to do is pass contact info between instances, you might be able to use zapier as the connector since you can add multiple accounts there.

If you want to make it so that it would be a 2 way sync, you would have to create one zap for each direction the data would flow.

• Zap 1 (Hubspot instance 1 ->  Hubspot instance 2),
  • Zap 2 (Hubspot Instance 2-> Hubspot instance 1)
  • Zap 3(Hubspot instance 3-> hubspot instance 2)
  • You wouldnt need a 4th since hubspot instance 2 already pushes to hubspot instace 1. 

One thing to be mindful of though, is your API call limit. If you are actively syncing between 3 seperate instances, it could go through quite a few calls pretty quickly. Even moreso if you are syncing activity information as well. 

I might also be careful about duplicate management. The secondary email field could be an issue, and Im not sure if it would be able to dedupe based on website cookie if its seperate instances.

I completely agree with @Phil_Vallender though. Enterprise has recently added some nice partitioning features which might help with your issues.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten
Vectordude
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi @AndyRidell ,

I have dealt with the exact same issue. If all you want to do is pass contact info between instances, you might be able to use zapier as the connector since you can add multiple accounts there.

If you want to make it so that it would be a 2 way sync, you would have to create one zap for each direction the data would flow.

• Zap 1 (Hubspot instance 1 ->  Hubspot instance 2),
  • Zap 2 (Hubspot Instance 2-> Hubspot instance 1)
  • Zap 3(Hubspot instance 3-> hubspot instance 2)
  • You wouldnt need a 4th since hubspot instance 2 already pushes to hubspot instace 1. 

One thing to be mindful of though, is your API call limit. If you are actively syncing between 3 seperate instances, it could go through quite a few calls pretty quickly. Even moreso if you are syncing activity information as well. 

I might also be careful about duplicate management. The secondary email field could be an issue, and Im not sure if it would be able to dedupe based on website cookie if its seperate instances.

I completely agree with @Phil_Vallender though. Enterprise has recently added some nice partitioning features which might help with your issues.

CFairchild
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

How would you do these zaps? I am trying to do the same thing but am unable to create the zaps where it takes and forwards a contact to the new Account. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @CFairchild,

Since this thread is 2 years old, I would encourage you to create a new conversation to give it visibility among our Community Members. 

Make sure you provide all the details you can on your goal, screenshots etc, so the Community can help 🙂

Best, 

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @AndyRidell 

At the moment is not possible to share data between HubSpot accounts.

I was able to think in a workaround to be exporting and importing this information from one account to another. That will be possible to log the information in multiple accounts. I will link all the articles I was able to find.

As @Phil_Vallender mentioned about it here

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
AndyRidell
Mitglied

lösung

Hi @PamCotton 

I had considered exporting and importing and that may be the way we do it for the time being. Thank you for the suggestion, and for linking Phil into the thread.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @AndyRidell 

You could probably do a lot with custom API integration - sending records between portals and creating timeline activities, etc.

However, in your situation you sound like an ideal user for Marketing Hub Enterprise. 

Marketing Hub Enterprise plus brand domains (two are included) allow you operate campaigns for different brands off the same database. With recent enhancement, the partition of data and assets has got better, you can now create multiple email preference centres too. 

Have you considered this approach lately?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
AndyRidell
Mitglied

lösung

Thank you for your suggestions @Phil_Vallender !

The API integrations is something I will dig into a little more. Although the features of the Marketing Hub Enterprise do work for us, we are not quite at the point we could afford the cost; we are still quite small as a company. We'll have to settle for something a little more manual!

Thanks