CRM

kili_siri
Participant

Share pipeline & deal management with partners (e.g. distributors)

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

What's the best way to make sure that partners (e.g. distributors, system integrators,...) can easily share all the possible deals they are working on in your pipeline? 

We are trying to capture also the potential value that our partners are working on in our CRM, either if the partner is also using Hubspot or not. 

Thanks for any suggestion!

1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Because there are potentially many disparate systems in play, I would reach out to some of your larger partners and try to figure out what they are using to measure their pipeline. Knowing that is the first step.  They may be able to provide you exports that you may be able to look at individual opportunities or as a collective from their system as a larger opportunity in yours (ie: summary of all of their opportunities in their territory).  That could give you some initial insights.

Longer term, you will likely go down the path to either build an API from their system to your Hubspot. Or consider looking for a shared online storage where you could use an API to pull and store the information in a data warehouse (ie: snowflake, aws, azure, google cloud).  Then you would layer on a visualization engine on that top of that to produce your reports (ie: Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, Qlik).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
AKjemtrup

SOLVE

Relatedtly to this thread (I think) - I'm looking to share our Pipeline view with our investors and board members. Ideally I would like to send them a view-only link to the pipeline. Is there an easy way of doing that, or does that require them all to have hubspot profiles?

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AKjemtrup,

Great question!

At this time it is not possible to share access with users outside your account. Two alternatives would be to 1) export the view of your pipeline from the Deals menu and share your export with your investors and board members and 2) Create deal-related reports in HubSpot and export their data to share with non-users.

I highly encourage you to submit this feature to the Ideas Forum.  

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
kili_siri
Participant

SOLVE

I understand your view, Ben. What would you suggest is the easiest way to make sure the partners' efforts to sell our products are captured in our pipeline in terms of the value of each opportunity? 

Thanks, 

Kilian

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Because there are potentially many disparate systems in play, I would reach out to some of your larger partners and try to figure out what they are using to measure their pipeline. Knowing that is the first step.  They may be able to provide you exports that you may be able to look at individual opportunities or as a collective from their system as a larger opportunity in yours (ie: summary of all of their opportunities in their territory).  That could give you some initial insights.

Longer term, you will likely go down the path to either build an API from their system to your Hubspot. Or consider looking for a shared online storage where you could use an API to pull and store the information in a data warehouse (ie: snowflake, aws, azure, google cloud).  Then you would layer on a visualization engine on that top of that to produce your reports (ie: Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, Qlik).

kili_siri
Participant

SOLVE

Good points, thanks!

The idea of getting exports in CSV file could actually work although it
might raise privacy concerns. I'll give it some thought.

On the long term, yes, an API will make most sense.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Something like this would be highly custom and require extensive development time since there are many unknowns, ie: how many partners, what system(s) they are using, what data you are trying to transfer, etc.  While I can understand this being an ideal situation, this does not happen very often because of how extensive this type of development would be, both on your end, as well as requiring access into your partners' systems to pull off.  If you want to go down this route, I would make sure your partners are willing to share access to their systems to help with this project and then tackle each one individually.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kili_siri 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @karstenkoehler @Ben_M @NicoleSengers do you have any thoughts on this topic for @kili_siri ? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes