CRM

lisat2m
Top Contributor

Share a custom view

SOLVE

I am the administrator of our CRM and want our team to see the same view on the deals table, companies and contacts home page. If I change the column order does it change their view as well? What about the properties they see in About for each of those - I want everyone seeing the exact same thing in each of these places.

What about sharing a view - how does that work? Is is just a look so they can see the view I see? Help

1 Accepted solution
stef
Solution

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Ok, I figured it out. 

Editing the contact properties (whithin "settings") will take affect on the contact details page only.

In terms of sharing a view (overview of contacts with or without any filter applied) you must first define the properties which shall be shown and define the sorting (by clicking the header of the table), save it and then share it (via options -> share). If you wanna change some poperties or change its order you have to unshare, resort and share again. The other users must do a logout / login so it takes effect. But, this will work for customized views only.

As I see it, there is no possibility to customize standard views (like "All contacts"). This is kind of embarassing, since its the default standard view. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
stef

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Hi @lisat2m

Could you figure it out? I'm also searching for a solution to create standard views and share them to all users.

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

Share a custom view

SOLVE

No I haven't received any info - I know how to share a view, but not sure if you share the view if it standardizes the look for other users. It seems as if the administrator should be able to set the view for all users, so that everyone is on the same page.

0 Upvotes
stef
Solution

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Ok, I figured it out. 

Editing the contact properties (whithin "settings") will take affect on the contact details page only.

In terms of sharing a view (overview of contacts with or without any filter applied) you must first define the properties which shall be shown and define the sorting (by clicking the header of the table), save it and then share it (via options -> share). If you wanna change some poperties or change its order you have to unshare, resort and share again. The other users must do a logout / login so it takes effect. But, this will work for customized views only.

As I see it, there is no possibility to customize standard views (like "All contacts"). This is kind of embarassing, since its the default standard view. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Hey @lisat2m@stef is correct in this case. Any filters added to standard views in the HubSpot CRM can not be saved - these views are not editable. If you add filters to a standard view and click Save, you will be able to create a new custom view using those criteria.

I can see that in both of your cases being able to edit the standard view is important. I'd strongly reccommend sharing this feedback as a feature request on the Ideas Forum

Thanks for digging into this and sharing your knowledge @stef

0 Upvotes
kffrobins
Participant

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Hi - are you referring to contact views in HubSpot Marketing or HubSpot Sales?  I see how to save contact views in Sales, but not in Marketing.

In HubSpot Marketing, can you filter the main contact screen and then save that filter/view?

thanks!

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Share a custom view

SOLVE

Hey @kffrobins in Marketing Free/Basic this is not possible, but you can add the HubSpot CRM on to your Marketing account for this purpose.

The paid Marketing platforms (Basic, Pro and Enterpirse) do allow you to create and share custom lists. 

0 Upvotes