CRM

CEriksson

Several contacts with the same email

SOLVE

In our field, like many others, two or more people might be sharing an email address, for example sales@example.com   

How do i add these people who have the same email address? Hubspot only allows adding one email address once. 

For relationship management purposes it is necessary for us to have these contacts separately and not all under one contact on Hubspot. 

I really hope someone has a solution for this! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CEriksson,

Generally, the email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot – and there aren't any ways around this. The same email address cannot be used twice. This is deeply embedded in the tool.

That's why all workarounds rely on different email addresses. One approach is to work with incremental strings and numbers. Another approach is limited to Gmail addresses. Lastly, you can also add contacts without an email address in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CEriksson,

Generally, the email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot – and there aren't any ways around this. The same email address cannot be used twice. This is deeply embedded in the tool.

That's why all workarounds rely on different email addresses. One approach is to work with incremental strings and numbers. Another approach is limited to Gmail addresses. Lastly, you can also add contacts without an email address in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.