CRM

drakenova

Setup sales history and timeline for B2C

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

I work for a bus ticket marketplace and we have thousands of deals everyday. I'm starting to setup the integration between our own database and Hubspot, but I'm having trouble understanding where each information should go and how to have a full timeline for each contact.

For example: we have a "origin" and a "destination" for each ticket we sell. What I need is to have a full timeline of travels for each contact, so I don't lose the past info. In other words, for each contact I need to have "origin", "destination", "travel date", "ticket cost", etc for each time they buy from us, not a rewrite of the same property.

What I'm imagining is: Contact -> Multiple "Sale/Ticket Infos" -> Fields for each info I need

Am I on the right path? If so, how can I do this?

Hope I was clear. If you need more details, I'll be glad to give it.

Thanks,

Drake

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi Drake

Yep, you're on the right track... to elaborate:

We'd push the Contact and a new Deal into HubSpot for each purchase.

If the Contact exists it will update any new information (e.g. phone number change). If it's a new Contact it will add a Contact.

Then associate the Contact with the new Deal.

The new Deal will hold the Origin, Destination, Date, Price, etc. in Custom Properties.

You can then create a Contact List based on Deal Properties e.g. every contact that went to "Destination A" or "Destination B" in November. 

Gotchas:

- a Contact List gives you more option to filter Contacts than simply filtering your Contacts in the Contact View

- a Contact List may take a few minutes to build (because it's not just filtering a list of Contacts)

- if you push a Contact into HubSpot and their email address is different (even a typo) you will end up with two Contacts because HubSpot de-duplicates Contacts by email address.

Did that help? Any questions?

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Drake

Yep, you're on the right track... to elaborate:

We'd push the Contact and a new Deal into HubSpot for each purchase.

If the Contact exists it will update any new information (e.g. phone number change). If it's a new Contact it will add a Contact.

Then associate the Contact with the new Deal.

The new Deal will hold the Origin, Destination, Date, Price, etc. in Custom Properties.

You can then create a Contact List based on Deal Properties e.g. every contact that went to "Destination A" or "Destination B" in November. 

Gotchas:

- a Contact List gives you more option to filter Contacts than simply filtering your Contacts in the Contact View

- a Contact List may take a few minutes to build (because it's not just filtering a list of Contacts)

- if you push a Contact into HubSpot and their email address is different (even a typo) you will end up with two Contacts because HubSpot de-duplicates Contacts by email address.

Did that help? Any questions?

Mike