CRM

DOatley
Participant

Setting up Sequencing as a reply to the last email with a client

SOLVE

Hi, I want to set up sequencing to automate follow-up pings to sales qualified leads that have not responded. In this case, an initial quotation e-mail has been sent and this is stored in the CRM system on the contact (using the BCC address). The email also has attachments. I want the sequence to reply to the last e-mail and continue to engage the potential client until we have a response. It is important that the context is included in the first mail of the sequence, the attachments for the first e-mail, the email thread, and the RE:<email subject> should also be included. I cannot seem to find how to set this up as a reply to an earlier mail, and include the previous context. Is this possible, please help. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DOatley,

This is currently not possible. Threading options for sequence emails are only available for emails sent from the sequence, not for any emails sent outside of the sequence, unfortunately: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/create-an-email-thread-with-your-sequence

If you want there to be an option like you described, you could submit a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DOatley
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DOatley,

This is currently not possible. Threading options for sequence emails are only available for emails sent from the sequence, not for any emails sent outside of the sequence, unfortunately: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/create-an-email-thread-with-your-sequence

If you want there to be an option like you described, you could submit a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SUstinov

SOLVE

I'm sorry, are you saying that in an automated follow up sequence I can only reply to the first email sent and not the last email in the sequence? 

This is literally the most basic feature of ANY sequencer. And we can't use it with Hubspot, the freaking rolls royce of marketing tools? 

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 13.13.22.png

DOatley
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for the quick response. I have added it as an idea as suggested. if you believe this would be useful, please upvote it here. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/make-it-optional-to-reply-on-an-earlier-mail-with-a-s... 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Added an upvote @DOatley. I think it would be interesting to add this functionality to a workflow so you could set up a quote-based workflow that follows up in a thread. It exists in Sequences from the start, but it doesn't exist in workflows. Interesting use case though. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/