CRM

swissventures
Participant

Setting up CRM for a Seller Agent model (like in real estate)

New to hubspot - looking for some best practices/guidance specific to a Seller Agent model (such as they are prevalent in Real Estate).

My goal is to set up a (simple) Sales process for a (kind of a) Real Estate Seller Agent model, i.e. our Customer is the Seller of a Property (which (we assume) would be our "Deal") and we provide match-making services to the Seller to find (multiple) Buyers. If one (or multiple) Buyer(s) buy(s), we get a commission.

I'm looking for a maximum simple solution for the setup of the CRM and Sales process set up. (I'm not (yet) concerned with the Marketing process.)

I am unclear about how to set up Sellers and Buyers in terms of Lifecycle, Lead Status, and Deal Stages (i.e. the inter-connection between the two different processes/journeys of Sellers & Buyers). What I feel is tricky is that while the process of a Buyer on a particular (property) deal is limited to the Opportunity (Deal) Stage, we also want to manage the relationships with the Buyers over time (as they could be prospect buyers for other/future property deals).

In general, how would you best set this up in Hubspot? Is there a "seller agent model" blueprint available somewhere (e.g. for "real estate")?

In specific:

1. How do I best distinguish between the 2 contact / company types (Sellers / Buyers)?
    1. via the "Types" field (e.g. "Prospect Seller" / "Prospect Buyer"?
    2. via a custom property?
    3. do I need to establish a custom object for "Sellers" or "Buyers"?
  2. How can I make the lifecycle stages and lead status specific to the type of contact (Seller / Buyer) (i.e. conditional to the "contact / company type" from 1. above), given they each go through different lifecycles, lead statuses, and deal stages?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
swissventures
Participant

Hi @Jnix284 , thank you for your quick reply and the connect to @RQuinn9 !

We don't have a subscription yet but would consider getting whatever is necessary if a certain functionality requires it. (In any case, we would want to avoid premature optimization.) What functionality would you have in mind?

I may need to clarify that while I described our model as "a kind of a real estate model", we do not actually work in real estate. But we do have a seller agent model and I believe the mechanics are at least very similar if not the same as in real estate. (Real estate just seemed to be a simple example.)

@RQuinn9  - anything you may share is appreciated and certainly helps at this stage.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

You're welcome @swissventures, and thank you for the additional background, happy to help!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Hi @swissventures there are a few different ways HubSpot can be configured to work with a a Seller Agent model in real estate - it depends greatly on your subscription, are you using Starter, Pro or Enterprise?

@RQuinn9 has built a framework for real estate using HubSpot (he's also a licensed real estate agent) and could share insights to the questions you have about how to best configure the properties.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin