CRM

LucyM

Setting unique identifier in import file

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm uploading my first set of records into HubSpot and am having trouble with the unique identifer part.  

The information I am uploading includes Contact and Company info. I'd like to set the Unique Identifier as the email address, but each time I try and upload, I get an error message saying that I haven't used a Unique Identifier.  Can anyone help?  

Thanks, 

Lucy 

1 Accepted solution
LucyM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, 

Thank you, so I didn't have the company domain included, which was needed as it was a mix of contact and company data! 

Many thanks for your help.  

Best, 

Lucy 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LucyM 

Thank you for reaching out!

Have you followed all the steps detailed here? You will need the unique identifier in both the excels. 

If you've followed all the steps, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and specific examples about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LucyM

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, 

Thanks for getting back to me, yes I have followed those steps, but actually realised I've merged the data into one Excel file, so maybe that's the issue!  Does the email address column have to be named differently, or should it pick it up automatically as my Unique Identifier?  

And thank you, that's great to know about support!  

Many thanks, 

Lucy 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LucyM 

Thank you for your reply!

If you've put the email, that should work it's strange... did you put "Email" as the column title? Then, in the map step, make sure to double check this has been mapped to the email contact property - and that should work

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LucyM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, 

Thank you, so I didn't have the company domain included, which was needed as it was a mix of contact and company data! 

Many thanks for your help.  

Best, 

Lucy