CRM

rowanp

Setting start and end dates for deals (contracts)

SOLVE

Hi. I'm using Deals to manage contracts. One of the custom properties I've added is the 'Start Date', and I plan on using the existing 'Close Date' as the date the contract is no longer in effect. Each Deal (Contract) will be a set length of time (12 months, 24 months, 36 months etc). Is there a way I can automate this so I can enter the Start Date, and the deal/contract length, and have it automatically calculate the close date (and further, automatically change the Status from 'Active' to 'Expired' when the Close Date is reached?

Many thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rowanp,

This is possible with a Professional or Enterprise license, using calculated properties. (You'd have to convert the contract length from months into days.)

Without calculated properties, you'd have to use an external app. With Zapier for example, you could create rows for new deals in a Google Sheet, calculate the close date using formulas and copy the information back into HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rowanp,

You'd have work with an "if" formula in Google Sheets, see here. If the cell in the Close date column contains a value that is before today, write the value of the desired deal stage in the Deal stage column. When you update the deal record based on the Google Sheets row, HubSpot should then also move the deal to the desired stage.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rowanp,

You'd have work with an "if" formula in Google Sheets, see here. If the cell in the Close date column contains a value that is before today, write the value of the desired deal stage in the Deal stage column. When you update the deal record based on the Google Sheets row, HubSpot should then also move the deal to the desired stage.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rowanp,

This is possible with a Professional or Enterprise license, using calculated properties. (You'd have to convert the contract length from months into days.)

Without calculated properties, you'd have to use an external app. With Zapier for example, you could create rows for new deals in a Google Sheet, calculate the close date using formulas and copy the information back into HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

KFlint

SOLVE

Hi, you said it's possible to do using calculated properties if the deal lenth is in days - how can you do it?

For context I've got it to convert to days, but what then?

rowanp

SOLVE

Thanks for the recommendation @karstenkoehler. If I go the route of Google Docs, is there a way I can automatically have the Deal Stage move from one category to another once the Close Date is reached?

0 Upvotes