CRM

EmilyN1
Participant

Setting a property in a child company based on their parent company

SOLVE

Hello all,

I am trying to build a workflow to set a company property based on their parent company.

So, if a specific property in the parent company is 'yes', I would like to also set that same property as 'yes' in the associated child companies without going through this manually, but I'm struggling. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this via a workflow or some other way?

I have tried setting up a workflow, but can't seem to be able to set it up to set the child company property based on the value in the parent.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Whathcock
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EmilyN1 ,

It looks like this isn't possible at this time, but has been submitted to the Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Property-Values-from-Parent-Company-to-Child-Com...

I suggest giving it an upvote and a comment as this is how HubSpot sources ideas for new features.

Whitney

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
EMG7
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Emily! Just came across your post as I was looking to do a similar thing using workflows. I found a workaround by exporting and importing. Create a report with custom report builder (only need Company as the data source) and use a table as the chart type. For filters, you can do child company is known, and specific property is any of 'yes'. Then for the columns, add "Record ID - Companies" and "Child Company". Then export it and copy the data into google sheets/excel, the value in the Child Companies column will be their Record ID. Add a column for your specific property and put 'yes' in the cells beneath it. (You can delete the column that has the parent record IDs). Download that file and import it back into HS as a list of companies, updating existing companies, and make sure the mapping for the specific property you're looking to update is correct. 

0 Upvotes
JoeBurchard
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Emily,

Unfortunately HubSpot does not have a way to do this with workflows, but you can create a custom API integration to copy the data from the parent to the child companies. 

If you're on HubSpot Enterprise, then you could use a custom code blocks within workflows to acchieve this.

0 Upvotes
EmilyN1
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Joe, that's what I thought - we'll work around it for now as unfortuantely we are not in Enterprise. Appreciate your help!

0 Upvotes
Whathcock
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @EmilyN1 ,

It looks like this isn't possible at this time, but has been submitted to the Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Property-Values-from-Parent-Company-to-Child-Com...

I suggest giving it an upvote and a comment as this is how HubSpot sources ideas for new features.

Whitney

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
EmilyKnight
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you mam, you made my day.

Spoiler
Thank you, mam, you made my day. I want to know about setting a property in a child company based on their parent company and for that, I am looking for it online and I am so happy I found your post. I am also very happy because I found https://studyclerk.com/admission-essay-writing-service website where I found admission essay writing service. Now, I won't take too much time to write essay assignments.
0 Upvotes
EmilyN1
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Whitney, I will do that - thank you for spotting that it has been posted.

0 Upvotes