CRM

JGray30
Participant

Setting Up a Task & Attaching a Document

SOLVE

Hi

I would like to create a task, against a customer.  Which is fine.  I was looking for the ability to upload a document against the task and unable to find that.

We have a Sales Team that on a 3 yr cycle arranges to meet customers whose machines due for renewal.  We have a PDF form that we fill in, detailing what they have recently had a demonstration of, to replace that old machine.  I would like to attach that document to the task so on the anniversay the task appears and the Sales Team can see the document and what was demonstrated, the date, the serial number, the conditions

I did consider creating a form, but our dealers and the customers will not use an electronic form.  That is never going to happen

In short can I attach a document to a task

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JGray30,

It's not possible to add documents to tasks, no, but you can upload attachments on a record and associate the task with the record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/add-and-remove-attachments-from-records

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MHolzer
Contributor

SOLVE

If you have the Plan or the ability to store Files in Hubspot. 
You could go over to Marketing -> Files and Templates -> Files

There you could then upload the Pdf file and then copy the URL which will generate for the Pdf file you created there (important: don't forget to change the File URL visibility if needed)

You can then just post in the link plain or have it put in via Hyperlink like this:

MHolzer_0-1686061097167.png

If they then go over to their Task be it over Laptop or Hubspot App they can then click on the Link and download the Pdf etc.

If you can't find the Files and Templates Page over at the Marketing Folder then it could prob mean that you don't have the package for it. -> 

All in All you just have to store the Pdf File somewhere online for people to have access for it (maybe Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc..)

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JGray30,

It's not possible to add documents to tasks, no, but you can upload attachments on a record and associate the task with the record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/add-and-remove-attachments-from-records

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.