CRM

Monty2020

Setting Tasks and quantity per day

SOLVE

Hi,

I contacted Hubpost about this last year, they suggesetd i speak to the community.

When i create tasks for call backs and actions you select the date you wish to do this, however you dont know how many tasks have been set already for that date when you click on the calender to choose a date.

How does everyone manage this?  i'm find i can end up with 50 tasks on one day which becomes unmanageable because i cannot see how many have been set when i clicking on a particular date.

Advice welcome

thanks

Monty 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Totally understand.  You can filter the days of you want and possibly create a "this week" "next week" list of tasks in a set view. I would even go further to see just calls and to-do's in your filter. 

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
warrendavey

SOLVE

@Monty2020  - Great question.

Tasks act as a list of to-do's; usually, they never end.  The best thing to do is to then use the priority field and work to complete those that have to be done that day specifically.  In other words, prioritization takes precedence over the other tasks.  

I would suggest also the following routine:

1. Each morning review tasks and mark those that are important as "High" priority. i.e. - a proposal to be sent would be a higher priority over a follow-up call to a person 6 months later.
  2. Sort tasks by priority and begin working at the appropriate designated time.
  3. Review end-of-day tasks that were not complete and update them for the next day or for a future date and mark their priority if they can not go by another day without being completed.

As a note, if not all your tasks can be completed I would work with your team to see how you could add them to a working queue so that everyone can see them and help carry the load.

To further answer your question, as of today there is no silver bullet to calculate the number of tasks each day and set a limit. Typically we would see something like this in project management software so that you have a limiter to the amount of work a person is trying to complete in a single day in order to maximize their efficiency. 

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Monty2020

SOLVE

Hi Thank you for this, understand what you are saying, sadly it does not resolve my issues.

All my tasks are for call backs for sales and lead generation so i cant see anywhere how many i've already set myself on any given day which is annoying.

0 Upvotes
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

Totally understand.  You can filter the days of you want and possibly create a "this week" "next week" list of tasks in a set view. I would even go further to see just calls and to-do's in your filter. 

Davey Waren
Pearagon

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Monty2020 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll tag a few experts in this thread so they can share their experiences with you.

Hey @EmmaWashington @Phil_Vallender @warrendavey any tips you can share with @Monty2020?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes