CRM

CUrsu1
Contributor | Elite Partner

Set deal date as create date plus 3 days

SOLVE

I am trying to setup deal close dates through a worklow, should be the deal creation date plus 3 days. /is ths possible? 

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CUrsu1,

This is not (yet?) support by HubSpot, however there are a few approaches for what you're trying to achieve.

Unfortunately, HubSpot currently doesn't support adding a number of days to a date property. Calculcation properties (which would be included in your Professional subscription) don't allow adding a number of days to a date. I would expect this to be added soon but it's not available yet.

For that kind of calculation, a third-party solution would be needed, e.g. Zapier. You would trigger a Zapier workflow of an event in HubSpot (in your case the fact that a deal was created) and then execute the calculation outside of HubSpot. Other users have described this workaround in a lot of detail, see for example this explanation by @Arlene. (Thank you for that!)

Another option would be a workflow that enrolls deals based on Create date, waits for a delay of 3 days and then date stamps your Close date. The downside of this solution is that the Close date will only be available after the 3 day wait time.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CUrsu1,

Since my first reply, HubSpot expanded on the functionalities of calculation properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/properties/create-calculation-properties

This can now be easily achieved with such a property, see this example that calculates a date 30 days after the record create date:

karstenkoehler_0-1708956319125.png

The number of days is the first number in brackets. The rest of the numbers are there to calculate the amount of milliseconds as that's the unit HubSpot uses here.

If you want to calculate a date before, simply switch the + for a - sign.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CUrsu1,

Since my first reply, HubSpot expanded on the functionalities of calculation properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/properties/create-calculation-properties

This can now be easily achieved with such a property, see this example that calculates a date 30 days after the record create date:

karstenkoehler_0-1708956319125.png

The number of days is the first number in brackets. The rest of the numbers are there to calculate the amount of milliseconds as that's the unit HubSpot uses here.

If you want to calculate a date before, simply switch the + for a - sign.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ckrakowski
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Can you make this screenshot larger and/or copy your code? My old eyes can't read the screenshot 🙂 

We are trying to set a renewal date to be 365 days from a deal close date and this should work perfectly. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@ckrakowski updated my previous reply!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ckrakowski

SOLVE

Thank you! In case anyone is wondering, I converted 365 days to milliseconds and was able to use this formula:

[properties.closedate]+31536000000

0 Upvotes
BCapewell
Contributor

SOLVE

I would also like to do the same thing. Ideally, I would be able to set the close date when a deal is created by the average day to close.

0 Upvotes
CUrsu1

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten!

Zapier worked well, I'm not sure why I did not think of that before 🙂

Cheers!

JRoyle
Participant

SOLVE

Can you share how you accomplished this? I need to do something similar.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CUrsu1,

This is not (yet?) support by HubSpot, however there are a few approaches for what you're trying to achieve.

Unfortunately, HubSpot currently doesn't support adding a number of days to a date property. Calculcation properties (which would be included in your Professional subscription) don't allow adding a number of days to a date. I would expect this to be added soon but it's not available yet.

For that kind of calculation, a third-party solution would be needed, e.g. Zapier. You would trigger a Zapier workflow of an event in HubSpot (in your case the fact that a deal was created) and then execute the calculation outside of HubSpot. Other users have described this workaround in a lot of detail, see for example this explanation by @Arlene. (Thank you for that!)

Another option would be a workflow that enrolls deals based on Create date, waits for a delay of 3 days and then date stamps your Close date. The downside of this solution is that the Close date will only be available after the 3 day wait time.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler