CRM

KMavraki
Participant

Set Customer Property to first day of the Month / Quarter

SOLVE

Hi, 

I've been trying to generate a field that allows me to report on the number of unique companies we have contacted in a month or quarter. I know there are solutions that almost get there through reporting, but I report via API using another platform so I can't rely on HS logic.

The solution I've come up with is to have 4 custom fields in a workflow

First Day of the Month (FDM)
First Day of the Quarter (FDQ)
Month Last Contacted (MLC)
Quarter Last Contacted (QLC)

Essentially -

If Last Contacted is after MLC and

If MLC is before FDM

Copy Last Contacted into MLC

If Last Contacted is after QLC and
If QLC is before FDQ 

Copy Last Contacted into QLC

This means MLC and QLC will only update once in each period and hence not double-count in reporting. 

I can't figure out how to automate setting FDM and FDQ. I could manually run a workflow at the start of each period, but ideally, I want to remove any intervention. Any advice?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer , thank you for getting me in on this.

Hi @KMavraki , 

thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I'll be completely honest, that I wasn't able to fully follow what we're trying to achieve here. 

But I understood you correctly, you need to set the FDM property to the first day of the month every month regularly. If you have the HubSpot Operations Pro license, this should be doable with the schedule workflow function. It should look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 12.52.09.png

There is no quarterly option, however, but you could also create four similar WFs for every quarter and schedule them annually. 

Please let me know if this is something that might help.

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer , thank you for getting me in on this.

Hi @KMavraki , 

thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I'll be completely honest, that I wasn't able to fully follow what we're trying to achieve here. 

But I understood you correctly, you need to set the FDM property to the first day of the month every month regularly. If you have the HubSpot Operations Pro license, this should be doable with the schedule workflow function. It should look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 12.52.09.png

There is no quarterly option, however, but you could also create four similar WFs for every quarter and schedule them annually. 

Please let me know if this is something that might help.

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

KMavraki
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, thanks for the reply. So at the minute, I'm running a similar solution, but I hadn't considered scheduling!  Combining that with another workflow should get me there I think.

Thank you!

KMavraki
Participant

SOLVE

Actually, we dont have Ops Pro, so it wont work for me 😥 Its the right way to deal with it though.

ChrisoKlepke

SOLVE

I was afraid that that might be the case, as most customers don't have it. Please let me know if this is something you might want to consider getting and need further information on the additional capabilities.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KMavraki,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have insight.

Hi @ChrisoKlepke@LMeert@louischausse - Do you have any tips for @KMavraki?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes