Set Company and Contact to Rep Who Enters Them

CaptainWasHere
Participant

I'm blown away that this isn't defualt or even an option. 

We have a team of reps accross the country who are entering contacts in daily.  There is no setting to set the HubSpot owner of the account to match whoever entered it. It either matches the Company owner or is unassigned (as I understand it). 

This HAS to be an option somewhere, right?! 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @CaptainWasHere this is set by defualt. 

Any HubSpot account users with access to contacts can be designated as contact owners using the HubSpot Owner contact property. 

To add a new HubSpot Owner:

• Add the owner as a user to your account
  • Make sure to select a user role that has access to contacts

If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, the HubSpot Owner property will be populated with the Owner value for your Salesforce Leads and Contacts. For more information on this, check out this article

Please note that you can manually add additional users to a contact by creating a custom HubSpot user field type property. Instructions can be found here.

0 Upvotes
CaptainWasHere
Participant

Hi

I don't believe my post was a clear as it should have been. 

I'm expecting the CRM to AUTOMATICALLY assign contacts to the owner who entered them. No matter how the contact is added, one of our auto assign options should be to assign it to the rep who entered it (scanned, imported, 3rd party app, whatever).  

We know we can assign them manually after the fact, but that's harder, not easier. 

No we don't use salesforce. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @CaptainWasHere thank you for clarifying.

At this time the only way HubSpot can dynamically pull in and apply this informations is via the 'Create Contact' function when a user is signed in. 

The import process will also have the option to assign.

R.e. third party integrations, this is entirely dependent on the integration provider and whether it's built to support user profile recognition. 

With that said, I have passed on the above feedback to our product teams for context. 

0 Upvotes