CRM

Jeronimouribe
Mitglied

Sequences and workflows

lösung

Is it possible to trigger a sequence or a workflow based on the outcome of a call? ie. if Not connected, send email A

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

Sequences and workflows

lösung

@Jeronimouribe,

I do not think this is a possibility. 

While it would save time, it would make it difficult to add any personalization to the email. Yes, you can use tokens and other info stored, but I'd still recommend personalizing the email to the called inviduals beyond tokens.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
Suvis
Teilnehmer/-in

Sequences and workflows

lösung

A typical set of manual tasks is that 1) call 2) not reached 3) leave voicemail 4) follow-up by email. It would be great to allow the same functionality with sequences.

Currently in sequences tasks can be only 1 day apart from each other and you cannot trigger an email automatically when the call has been made. 

The customization is not key here (as suggested by Josh) since with sequences you customize the content for each email when you enroll a person to a sequence. And since you have not reached the person, why would you need to customize the content more? When the person has been enrolled, it would be great to be able to just execute the tasks and ensure that the sequence is automating the email sending - thus speeding up your own work and reducing cognitive load.

If the call is connected then the sequence can stop automatically.

It would be great to mark this problem unsolved since it really is not solved yet (as far as I understand).

that after calling, you send 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Sequences and workflows

lösung

Hi @Suvis,

"Currently in sequences tasks can be only 1 day apart from each other"

You can choose different delays, from 1-12 days or 1-12 weeks.

"The customization is not key here"

Yes, when you enroll someone in the sequence you can customize the content of the email. If they are auto-enrolled into a sequence, that would eliminate this ability.

If you decide you want to send the sequence without customization and personalization...sure, but then you are just sending a generic email and we get 100's of those everyday. You may still disagree, but customization/personilization is key.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
Suvis
Teilnehmer/-in

Sequences and workflows

lösung

Hi Josh,

You are right, the sequences can be 1 -12 days apart from each other. Comment was inaccurate - I meant that I cannot schedule an email to be sent automatically e.g. 1) right after the call / task has been completed or 2) 1 hour after the call / task has been completed. The minimum is 1 hour.

Also with "customization is not the key", I mean that in the context of the opening message to the thread, the person would like to send an automatic email right after he has not reached out to the person he tried to call. Thus the customization has been done at the first place when the person was enrolled. And the reason for not enabling the feature at Hubspot is something different, not related to the customization topic.

I hope I could make myself more clear now.

0 Upvotes
ConradS
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Sequences and workflows

lösung

It may be possible with a third-party app such as Zapier. I am looking to accomplish the same thing and will post what I learn!

Ingleslenobel
Teilnehmer/-in

Sequences and workflows

lösung

Did you find out anything to solve this?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Lösung

Sequences and workflows

lösung

@Jeronimouribe,

I do not think this is a possibility. 

While it would save time, it would make it difficult to add any personalization to the email. Yes, you can use tokens and other info stored, but I'd still recommend personalizing the email to the called inviduals beyond tokens.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes