CRM

Rachel_KL
参加者

Sequence of Events/Deal Requirements

解決

My sales team follows a "sequence of events" when working a deal. This includes important steps, milestones, and other information that need to be collected, reviewed, and verified with the customer (think many small checkboxes over the deal lifecycle).  Currently this is logged in a spreadsheet but it's a pain to track.  I want to leverage HS if at all possible.  I've read through many posts and ideas in the community but haven't found anything that closely aligns.  At this point, I am considering creating a workflow that triggers the creation of an activity. In the notes section of that activity, the steps would be outlined and the sales rep can fill in the details (all info in one place).  The other option would be to create a task for each of the 10 or so steps (clearly identify what has and hasn't been done) but that seems like a lot of "noise" and hard to keep up with.  Someone help! Any other suggestions?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Rachel_KL,

I think you're on the right track here. If you want all of this to happen within HubSpot then deal automation and tasks are your best friend: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/automate-tasks-on-deal-stages

Depending on the types of the tasks, you can also group these tasks into multiple queues, for example a collection queue, a review queue and a verification queue (see here) – if sales reps prefer to do the same task in batches rather than switching 'modes' all the time.

Deal automation / workflows also allow you to get a little bit more sophisticated. Let's assume that a sales rep is supposed to fill in the physical address of a company before the deal can move to the next stage. In a workflow, by using an if/then-branch you can check whether the address has already been documented – and only create a task if it hasn't been.

Generally, this would require your sales team to get comfortable with HubSpot tasks and tasks queues. I personally think they are intuitive. Once your sales team gives the Tasks dashboard a chance and gets into the habit of documenting the outcome of the tasks in notes on the deal/company/contact record or in custom properties, they'll probably embrace it very soon. Definitely easier to maintain than spreadsheets.

As an alternative to HubSpot tasks you could also send email notifications but I think this would be creating even more 'noise'.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Rachel_KL,

I think you're on the right track here. If you want all of this to happen within HubSpot then deal automation and tasks are your best friend: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/automate-tasks-on-deal-stages

Depending on the types of the tasks, you can also group these tasks into multiple queues, for example a collection queue, a review queue and a verification queue (see here) – if sales reps prefer to do the same task in batches rather than switching 'modes' all the time.

Deal automation / workflows also allow you to get a little bit more sophisticated. Let's assume that a sales rep is supposed to fill in the physical address of a company before the deal can move to the next stage. In a workflow, by using an if/then-branch you can check whether the address has already been documented – and only create a task if it hasn't been.

Generally, this would require your sales team to get comfortable with HubSpot tasks and tasks queues. I personally think they are intuitive. Once your sales team gives the Tasks dashboard a chance and gets into the habit of documenting the outcome of the tasks in notes on the deal/company/contact record or in custom properties, they'll probably embrace it very soon. Definitely easier to maintain than spreadsheets.

As an alternative to HubSpot tasks you could also send email notifications but I think this would be creating even more 'noise'.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.