Separate Contact Groups

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How does HS support different types/groups of contacts? My intention is to show different properties for each type/group of contacts, and when someone adds a new contact they should only see and be allowed to input the properties that belong to a certain type/group of contacts. As an example, I have "investor" contacts which is supposed to be one group and "startup" contacts which is another. Each group should contain different properties (i.e. it's no point having the "avg. investment" property for startups). Beyond creating a custom property called Group and filtering on that (which does not solve the issue of only allowing certain properties when adding a new contact), is there a good way to solve this?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @magnusriga,

While customizing the "about" section for each segment of users is not an option, creating groups for the specific contact properties would be a great way to start. 

Additionally, you can create filtered views of the contacts, including specifying which properties to show in the table view, which would enable you to see only a specific segment of contacts and view all of their relevant properties.

@warrendavey@joshua-paul@HubDoPete do you have any suggestions for @magnusriga?

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

@magnusriga ,

You are right to pick a field, like persona, contact type or group, with which you can segment your contacts.

If you have an Enterprise account, you can then create contextual sidebar panels in the left sidebar for each persona or type of contact. That way, the information you see/edit about an investor would be different than what you would see for one of your start-ups.

This custom property display does not carry over into the contact creation screen yet. However, once you enter the basic contact information (including type/persona), you can go to that contact's record and enter the rest of the information faster because the contextual custom sidebar will kick in. Unfortunately, this is only for Enterprise accounts right now.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks a lot. Enterprise is outside our budget for now, but it's good to know the possibilities.
0 Upvotes