CRM

Cooper17
Participant

Sending an email reminder for an appointment

SOLVE

I am trying to see if there is a way to send a reminder for an appointment via a workflow. I currently have users enrolled into a workflow that sends them a welcome email and I would like to have the second email sent in the workflow be a reminder for their appointment a day before their appointment. We currently use Calendly to schedule customer appointments. Is there an easy integration and trigger that would be able to do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Cooper17,

Calendly have developed an integration for the HubSpot ecosystem: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/scheduling/calendly-199720

Once a meeting is booked through Calendy, you should see events and property values for that meeting in HubSpot. In this post from Calendly Help Center, it says that "A booked Calendly meeting will count as a HubSpot meeting" so the meeting date might be stored in "Date of last meeting booked in meetings tool". If it's a different property, Calendly properties should show up in the settings where you can identify the correct one.

The next step would be to build a contact-based workflow centered on a date property.

day-before.png

(Replace the marketing e-mail with your reminder.)

I don't think it's possible to integrate this with your welcome email workflow since one is based on a date, the other one isn't. You'd have to run these two workflows alongside each other.

I've added a requirement to this workflow for the meeting to more than 2 days from now. (For contacts who book a meeting tomorrow, you want to make sure that they do not receive a Calendly invitation seconds after booking, a welcome email and the reminder within a short time.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jturly

SOLVE

Thanks! How do I do the specify a date part?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jturly, when you create a workflow, you have the option to choose the type. This is where you need to select a date-centered workflow. Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
jturly

SOLVE

Thanks so much! Also - how can I make it so that it reminds them at the time of their Calendly event? And send a follow-up directly after the meeting? Or is there only the ability to send a reminder the day of their event e.g. at 12pm

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Cooper17,

Calendly have developed an integration for the HubSpot ecosystem: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/scheduling/calendly-199720

Once a meeting is booked through Calendy, you should see events and property values for that meeting in HubSpot. In this post from Calendly Help Center, it says that "A booked Calendly meeting will count as a HubSpot meeting" so the meeting date might be stored in "Date of last meeting booked in meetings tool". If it's a different property, Calendly properties should show up in the settings where you can identify the correct one.

The next step would be to build a contact-based workflow centered on a date property.

day-before.png

(Replace the marketing e-mail with your reminder.)

I don't think it's possible to integrate this with your welcome email workflow since one is based on a date, the other one isn't. You'd have to run these two workflows alongside each other.

I've added a requirement to this workflow for the meeting to more than 2 days from now. (For contacts who book a meeting tomorrow, you want to make sure that they do not receive a Calendly invitation seconds after booking, a welcome email and the reminder within a short time.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler