CRM

DSS-Gary
Participant

Send email when contact property changes?

SOLVE

Hi; I have Sales Hub Starter and Marketing Hub Starter. I'm a solopreneur getting started with my B2B SaaS product. My app sends a contact creation to Hubspot via the API when a user first logs in; I'd like Hubspot to send them a welcome email when that happens. How can I do that? Everything I see seems to require a super expensive Hubspot upgrade. Can I use the API or Zapier, or is there a method I haven't found within Hubspot?

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @DSS-Gary, unfortunately, you can't do this without purchasing Marketing Professional as you need an automated email to be able to do this.  I believe you can send automated emails out of Zapier, but they won't really be styled when a user is added.  Would it be possible to create a list in HubSpot for contacts created yesterday, then use the "Send to More" feature on your regular emails to batch and blast these every morning?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DSS-Gary
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Chris -- I was afraid of that. So I can't do even basic sales automation with Hubspot without $X00/month. 😞

I'll try your suggestion of some semi-automated daily process (I could enroll them in a Sequence as well, most likely -- haven't tried that yet.). I could send the welcome emails direct from my app, but I'd miss all the styling and ability to tweak messaging that I'd get with Hubspot. Thanks for the help.

Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @DSS-Gary, unfortunately, you can't do this without purchasing Marketing Professional as you need an automated email to be able to do this.  I believe you can send automated emails out of Zapier, but they won't really be styled when a user is added.  Would it be possible to create a list in HubSpot for contacts created yesterday, then use the "Send to More" feature on your regular emails to batch and blast these every morning?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert