CRM

derric

Seeing Associated Company properties in contact search

SOLVE

I have contacts that are already assoicated with a company. The assoicated company already has all the information populated from Hubspot Insights Database such as Annual Revenue, Number of Employees, etc. 

However, when I select the assoicated company columns to be displayed on the Contacts search screen/table, the fields are empty and just display a '-'. As I mentioned, I can go into each contact and can see the Company is associated with it and has those fields populated. Can't this information be displayed on the search panel so I can sort or order them?

Is it just something with the Search Contacts table that it doesn't do the join correctly or get the data? This seems like a basic thing.

Untitled.jpeg

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @derric

I know how odd it seems but these properties are contact-object properties that are not automatically populated when a contact and company are associated. 

Unfortunatly, it is not possible to add data from associated companies to the contacts view, without copying them to the contact object using workflows.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
EJorde1
Participant

SOLVE

This is the single issue that keeps me researching other possible CRM platforms. It's HS's Achilles heel. 

0 Upvotes
ClayJacobs

SOLVE

Having the same desire to organize and export based on company properties. Any update for this in 2021?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ClayJacobs 

Thank you for reaching out.

This is not possible at this stage, so I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it, and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MichelleCardin
Participant

SOLVE

I agree. Specifically, since you can only get contacts and export functions from a list (vs a contact search filter) it would be great to be able to copy these values down automatically without having to build separate workflows. Or to just have them be linked together. Annual revenue for the company and contact would be the same just like the number of employees, company size, etc. I'm currently building workflows to copy these company properties to corresponding contact properties. 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @derric

I know how odd it seems but these properties are contact-object properties that are not automatically populated when a contact and company are associated. 

Unfortunatly, it is not possible to add data from associated companies to the contacts view, without copying them to the contact object using workflows.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
julierocks
Participant

SOLVE

Hi-

Thanks for the tip. How can I create a workflow that brings these fields over from the company to the contact level?

Thanks!

Julie