CRM

squigglebit
Contributor

Secondary email removal

I know this seems to be an ongoing issue that hubspot is yet to sort but has anyone

a) been able to successfully create a way that identifies contact records with more than one email address since secondary email is not a filter?

b) created a workflow or work around that deletes these secondary emails

If anyone can help I'd be hugely greatful ☺️

yes I am aware this setting can be turned off in forms.

yes I am aware removing secondary emails removes anything associated with them.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Secondary email removal

Hi @squigglebit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I have a quick solution for your first question: additional email addresses will show as a separate column if you export all of your contacts via the "Actions" button in your contact overview and select the option "Include all email addresses".

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 14.10.34.png

The secodary email addresses will be listed in the column "Additional email addresses" in your export file.

Regarding your second question - I checked our documentation and I believe it's currently not possible to bulk delete secondary email addresses in HubSpot.  

You could delete the email addresses manually by importing a list of contacts that have more than one email address and working through them one by one.

I know this is not ideal if you're working with a large number of contacts, that's why I wanted to ask a couple of API experts if they can think of a workaround:

hi @Gonzalo & @lynton, can you think of a way to bulk delete additional email addresses with the help of an API? Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

squigglebit
Contributor

Secondary email removal

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Our CRM holds nearly 600k of contacts, around 18k are affected with secondary emails which isn’t a manual process clean-up friendly number.

I would be interested in any custom code or other ideas that can help with this clean up.