CRM

Tucker1
Participant

Searching Contacts or Companies by Geographic location

SOLVE

I am looking to pull search lists of contacts or companies within Hubspot based on the companies geographic location.

For example, I would like to pull a search of all contacts or companies that we have marked as "Qualified" within the "greater Chicagoland area".

I know that all of our companies have the Postal Code section filled out. How could I enter a bulk ammount of postal codes into the search rather than entering them one by one.. Or is there an easier way to search by location?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

One option would be evaluating third-party map tools that integrate with HubSpot:

GeoMapper: Map your companies and contacts without leaving HubSpot

Mapsly: Smart Map for HubSpot: Map. Geo-analysis. Routing. Territories. Embeddable maps. Automation.

If you don't want a third-party app, the best option would be creating an active list of contacts or companies, filtering for postal codes and copying/pasting multiple codes at a time using this 'hack': https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Identifying-contacts-at-specific-companies-plus-more/m-p/412104...

In other words, you'd create a list for 'Greater Chicago area', add a list filter for postal code and then paste the corresponding codes into the filter field before saving.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

Yes, you can create filtered views and save them: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Keep in mind that these have fewer filter options than contact-based or company-based lists. Sometimes, you'll have to create a list and then create a filter for membership in this list to get the desired saved view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Tucker1
Participant

SOLVE

Also, is there a way to save a contact or company search in Hubspot? Say, If I were to create a search with a number of specific filters, it would be very helpful to be able to save that search.. 

0 Upvotes
Tucker1
Participant

SOLVE

Disregard the "save search" question. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

Yes, you can create filtered views and save them: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Keep in mind that these have fewer filter options than contact-based or company-based lists. Sometimes, you'll have to create a list and then create a filter for membership in this list to get the desired saved view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

One option would be evaluating third-party map tools that integrate with HubSpot:

GeoMapper: Map your companies and contacts without leaving HubSpot

Mapsly: Smart Map for HubSpot: Map. Geo-analysis. Routing. Territories. Embeddable maps. Automation.

If you don't want a third-party app, the best option would be creating an active list of contacts or companies, filtering for postal codes and copying/pasting multiple codes at a time using this 'hack': https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Identifying-contacts-at-specific-companies-plus-more/m-p/412104...

In other words, you'd create a list for 'Greater Chicago area', add a list filter for postal code and then paste the corresponding codes into the filter field before saving.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Tucker1
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, @karstenkoehler. Thank you for the tip above. This was very helpful. I am now able to create an active list of companies that are within a 60 miles radius of Chicago and have contacts who we have Qualified or are in a Deal stage with. AKA, I am able to view all of the hot prospects that are near me geographically.. 

For anyone else looking to do something like this, I would highly suggest this free to use website that I came acrross, https://www.freemaptools.com/find-zip-codes-inside-radius.htm

Tucker1_0-1676487325249.png

The site allows you to drop a pin on any location and it will then give you a list of all the postal codes within that radius. You can then copy the list of zip codes and paste it into Excel.

Tucker1_1-1676487397050.png

They will be listed like this: 60004,49511,60007,49219 .. Therefore, I just used a simple Excel tool that I found online that would seperate the codes into individual cells. I was then able to paste semi-colans into the cells in the right column of the zip codes:

Tucker1_2-1676487574669.png

I could then take that list of 700 some Zip codes and post them into the "Postal Code" filter on the HubSpot list and add any other filters I wanted such as, "Qualified Companies" ... I am then provided with an awesome list of 724 companies that will be highly important to our teams success,

Tucker1_3-1676487807818.png

Thank you again, Karsten. Your the man.