Searchable custom contact properties

New Contributor

Each contact that we have manages several brands, so we would like to add which brands are managed by each contact as a Custom Property.

The problem is that those properties are not searchable.

Any solution?

5 Replies 5
HubSpot Employee

Hello @jf77,

If you add a custom contact property and make it a single like text field, then you could go to your main contacts screen, and add a filter to the view that pulls up contacts whose property "Brand" contains a specific value (or part of a specific Value).

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.33.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.34.52 PM.png

It's not as simple as just searching for a value and having any contacts with that value display, but its pretty close.

I hope this helps.

Brett

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks! it's a nice workaround. However that won't work when searching on a mobile device. Right?

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Hi @jf77,

That's correct, you wouldn't be able to filter on a mobile device, however if you set up filters on a computer, and then save those views, you could look at those views on your mobile device.  This is only really feasible if you are talking about a handful of brands.  If each contact has a different brand, creating a view for each brand might be overkill, but if the property will only have a handful of brands, then this workaround might work.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

Occasional Contributor

I am limited to 3 searchable properties, how can I remove these from 'searchable properties'? 

ASA 103 completion date = date picker- can't figure this out

ASA Number - single line text (I unchecked this)

Persona Type (multiple checkbox) - can't figure this out

Screenshot 2020-02-05 10.31.00.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @bmoseley

You should be able to edit the properties that are currently searchable to remove their search functionality, so that you can then use the search function for other properties.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes