Search Phone Numbers

Highlighted
New Contributor

How can you search companies and contacts by their phone number. Is there a way to autoformat them?

4 Replies 4
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @jacobERX  The phone number field is simply a single line text field. You would not be able to format it further (ie: parenthesis for area or country codes). You can search a phone number in the Main Menu search bar or the Contacts object; the results will filter matching contacts, but will not reveal companies. It is not possible at this time to search company phone numbers. 

Thank you, 

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Any update on being able to search for a company by phone number. Seems like a feature that is in demand and not far-fetched for CRM to offer

0 Upvotes

I have to agree. I just started using this CRM and was shocked to see this simple thing isn't available. A CRM is just a specialized database. And searching for data IS WHAT DB's are for.

I can live without this feature. But it does make me a bit concerned what else I may run into.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, my mind is blown as to why we cant do this.  I am tempted to put all of my companies in as contacts simply so that can search for them by phone number.  We don't know who the contacts name is until we have a conversation with the company, then when the company calls us back, we have no idea who they are or why we called them.  Ideally, Hubspot would be able to identify the number via caller ID, then automatically pull up the company.

0 Upvotes