CRM

Stonewall
Participante

School District offices linked to Schools

Hello! I'm a new user......Trying to figure out how to load/import Companies and Contacts correctly... In this case, I have a few School Districts and the various individual schools that belong to, or fall under, the umbrella of the particular School District. The School District itself is it's own entity with it's own contacts and their own unique information. Then, the School District will have any number of individual schools under their umbrella, each with it's own address and unique contact('s) information. It's like Companies within a Company... Mostly, the School District will have one domain name, which every one of the Contacts within the School District umbrella, including Contacts at the individual Schools share. Question is: How to set up each individual School as a Company, as well as the School District as a Company, all with their unique addresses & contact information, as well as the unique Contacts , all using the same domain name, without confusing Hubspot? I also want to be sure that the School Districts show a connection between the Central Office and the individual Schools that belong to that School District, and vice-versa, the Schools need to show a connection to the School District whose umbrella it falls under... Any ideas how to set this up efficiently?

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Mike_Eastwood
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Ouro

Ok, it can be done with Custom Code.

I can talk to one of our team to see how much it would be to save you 9,000 manual operations!

Stonewall
Participante

Awesome! Thanks, Mike! Looking forward to it...

Mike_Eastwood

9,000! Ouch.

I will see if there's a way to do it with some Custom Code.

Mike

Mike_Eastwood

Hi @Stonewall 

You can "associate" a Company with a Parent Company – in your case the School District is the Parent Company of the School.

Unfortunately, I cant see any way to automatically associate the Company with a Parent Company on Import.

I recommend you create a new Custom Property for the District so when you import a School (as a Company) you can import the District from your spreadsheet. The Custom Property will also make it easy to filter all the Schools in a Disctrict.

Then, you can filter the list and manually associate the School (Company) to the School District (Parent Company).

The manual work wont' be fun – how many do you have to do?

Mike

Stonewall
Participante

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the suggestions... they sound reasonable.....I'll try it out. The manual work is what it is, I guess....was really hoping to avoid it... but there's only about 9000 records to do...zzzz...

Stonewall

0 Avaliação positiva