CRM

MVanGruensven

Scanning Business Cards

Hello,

We have discovered that not all tradeshows have scanners available to capture contact info. We came home with many business cards from a recent tradeshow and want to scan the cards and then import them into HubSpot. Previously we used the Scan Contacts app to scan multiple cards at a time and then they would auto-fill into HubSpot. 

The Scan Contacts for HubSpot app is no longer available. Any ideas on an app that can scan several cards at once and load into HubSpot?

4 Replies 4
Lucila-Andimol
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

Scanning Business Cards

Hey @MVanGruensven 

What phone/software are you using?

I can still see the card scanning feature in iphone/IOS.

Just changed were you find it

hit the + button and look for this icon (sorry I have my phone in Italian)

IMG_1995.jpg

Hope this helps

Let me know if you find it

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol | Accredited Partner
HubSpot Expert, Community Hall of Fame & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
MVanGruensven

Scanning Business Cards

Hello! Thank you for responding. We were hoping to scan and directly load into HubSpot. Unfortunately, the Scan Contacts app that integrated with HubSpot previously is no longer an option (no longer supported by HubSpot). I reached out to HubSpot support team and was told that the only what to scan and load to HubSpot at this time is to use the HubSpot mobile app and scan 1 card at a time to create the contacts. It is not ideal and will take quite a while to get through the business cards but appears to be our only option.
Lucila-Andimol

Scanning Business Cards

ohh yes, gotcha.

Yes, you can use the HubSpot mobile app to scan cards by one.

I just takes a few seconds. A lot of our clients use it in events to scan cards

and its been timesaving and no cards get lost.

Maybe you can give it a try.

Another option is to save the contacts into your phone and then sync them with HubSpot (also with the Mobile app) or with Contacts in Gmail for example.

Hope any of this options is useful.

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol | Accredited Partner
HubSpot Expert, Community Hall of Fame & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Scanning Business Cards

@MVanGruensven wrote:
Hello! Thank you for responding. We were hoping to scan and directly load into HubSpot. Unfortunately, the Scan Contacts app that integrated with HubSpot previously is no longer an option (no longer supported by HubSpot). I reached out to HubSpot support team and was told that the only what to scan and load to HubSpot at this time is to use the HubSpot mobile app and scan 1 card at a time to create the contacts. It is not ideal and will take quite a while to get through the business cards but appears to be our only option.

The only app I was familiar with that Hubspot made was the one in their app which only does one card at a time. Was this a third party app you were using? It's possible at times the developer may discontinue an app from the marketplace.

When we have reps go for smaller events without a scanner, many times they will just use the LinkedIn scanner to grab the QR code from another LinkedIn user and then we do some manual entry. Or if we collected business cards, we had bought a physical scanner at one point and then upload the Excel through a pre-made Hubspot workflow that we can make minor modifications to so that our custom lead sources for the event are captured. Those may be alternatives to consider.

0 Upvotes