CRM

Are
Participant

Same property visible and editable in contact, company and deal

SOLVE

We would like to create properties that can be visible and editable from both the deal, the customer and the contact. Same property, but can be viewed and edited from all three records.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
I understand! It is a great idea and I highly suggest you add it to the idea 💡section. Unfortunately, without workflows, I am not sure how to help you. I am sorry!
Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Are,

I'm not sure if this is possible. Maybe someone else can chime in with some more knowledge. 

However, we have the same issue and found a workaround until the answer is solved natively in HubSpot.

1. Create a contact property and clone it to also be a deal property and company property. A good naming convention: "Property XYZ (Contact)", "Property XYZ (Deal)", and "Property XYZ (Company)."

2. Set up a workflow with the enrollment triggers: "Property XYZ (Contact)" was updated in last 1 day. OR "Property XYZ (Deal)" was updated in last 1 day. OR "Property XYZ (Company)" was updated in last 1 day.

3. Create If/Then branches for each. IE: IF "Property XYZ (Contact)" was updated in last 1 day, THEN copy Property XYZ (Contact) to "Property XYZ (Deal)", THEN copy Property XYZ (Contact) to "Property XYZ (Company)". Each version would have an If/Then branch.

So essentially you would enroll a record if any 1 of those 3 properties were updated, and then copy that new information to the other two types held in different places on the platform.

If you need further clarification or help, just let me know! I would also suggest searching the ideas forum, and add the idea if it's not already there... That would be super helpful!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
Are
Participant

SOLVE
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. We are currently on the HubSpot cms and growth suite so we cant use worklfows. Even though if your suggestion would work for us I would prefer properties to be instant updated in all records it is added 🙂
0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
I understand! It is a great idea and I highly suggest you add it to the idea 💡section. Unfortunately, without workflows, I am not sure how to help you. I am sorry!
Best,
Stefani Johnson