CRM

MHibbler

Same Domain for multiple clients

SOLVE

Anyone have experience with this and know how I can fix it. 

We have two clients with the same email domain. We were able to have the contacts separated by the two groups and the emails would route appropriately. but it seems like there has been some update to Hubspot that now send all emails to a single account and I can't keep them separate without manually going into each email and unmarking the associations. Additionally it is putting some of the contacts under the wrong group and won't allow me to change which company it should be associated with because it won't let me remove the company or even add another so I can remove the wrong one. In the past I could do this. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MHibbler,

Could you share some more details please? When you say the emails would route appropriately, do you mean that emails sent from your connected inbox would show up under the correct company record? What do you mean when you say "under the wrong group"? Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing when you want to change the associations (pixelating any confidential information)?

If you don't want HubSpot to automatically associate contacts with the (wrong) company record, you would have to disable the automatic association for these companies. There is an option to exclude specific domains here. This would all be manual then, of course, but it's the only option that I see if HubSpot is not picking up the correct "mapping". If the domain is the same for two companies, HubSpot can't possibly know which is which.

Maybe the parent or child company feature might be useful here, depending on what exactly you're trying to achieve.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MHibbler ,

I am not aware of any such updation in HubSpot. Can you please elabortate more what two grouos are you talking about..like, how did you create these groups? and how you were routing emails to these groups?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MHibbler,

Could you share some more details please? When you say the emails would route appropriately, do you mean that emails sent from your connected inbox would show up under the correct company record? What do you mean when you say "under the wrong group"? Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing when you want to change the associations (pixelating any confidential information)?

If you don't want HubSpot to automatically associate contacts with the (wrong) company record, you would have to disable the automatic association for these companies. There is an option to exclude specific domains here. This would all be manual then, of course, but it's the only option that I see if HubSpot is not picking up the correct "mapping". If the domain is the same for two companies, HubSpot can't possibly know which is which.

Maybe the parent or child company feature might be useful here, depending on what exactly you're trying to achieve.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.