Salesforce contacts imported into HS - High emails bounce rate

alassman
Participant

We have 8000 contacts in SF which have been collected from events attended over the last 10 years. Since moving over to HS, I have imported the whole list with the aim of sending a mailer to see which emails bounce in order to clean up our contact DB. Sent out a 1st mailer yester and it was stopped by HS due to high bounce rate. What tools do people recommend for =validating and cleaning a list of 8000 contact emails?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @alassman. I've never had much luck with email validation services - they're usually a mixed bag of mediocre results. @MFrankJohnson recently asked about a similar topic, and might be able to provide some additional insight. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
alassman
Participant

We decided to go with ZeroBounce in the end to clean up our database.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Kevin_Cuddeback
Participant

I liked ZeroBounce.net  they seem the most credible & thorough.  But now the question is: how do the "different kinds of bad" get fed back into HubSpot?  I also started with 10 years worth of Salesforce and Outlook and business cards.

Now I have my results.  What different ways does Hubspot recommend handling

spam traps (sounds like a blacklist)

abuse (some of our friends don't realize our company domain's changed)

invalid (real relationships, bad email)

There seem to be 3 big buckets in HubSpot:

DELETE

BLACKLIST

Custom "but not" List logic  (Like all lists have a final ..but not at a competitor domain...but not at a defunct domain)

0 Upvotes