CRM

markcovert
Miembro

Salesforce Sync of a Lookup Field

resolver

hello:

i am seraching for a way to get a lookup field in our Leads to be synced with a salesforce Id.

In our Leads object we have a field that is a Lookup on another SF Object. but this field does not show up in the Mapping dialog on HubSpto.

Is it possible to provide a value for this field, if not what are my options.

many Thanks

Mark

1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @markcovert. When you create new fields in Salesforce, they won't be mapped to HubSpot automatically. Go to the contact field mappings screen, and add a new mapping. Use the name of the lookup in the Salesforce field, and create a custom HubSpot property with the same name. Choose the appropriate mapping update rule, and resync contacts (or wait to resync contacts). 

If the Salesforce lookup isn't available in the dropdown when you create a new mapping, then it's not visible to the integration user. Make sure all fields are visible to the integration user, on all objects the connector talks to. 

Once mapped and synced, the lookup will pass the ID of the looked-up record to HubSpot. It sounds like you're just looking for the ID. If you need additional field information from the looked-up object, create formula fields on the lead that point to the necessary field. Then, map that formula field(s) to HubSpot, and resync. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
CDuckworth
Participante

resolver

Hi @bradmin, building off of @Displaydata1 follow-up request, is it possible to have the HubSpot property be a drop-down select for the custom Account.Name (which references the Lookup field) created in Salesforce? We want to be able to select the Salesforce Account name on the Lead object within HubSpot. Thank you in advance!

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @markcovert. When you create new fields in Salesforce, they won't be mapped to HubSpot automatically. Go to the contact field mappings screen, and add a new mapping. Use the name of the lookup in the Salesforce field, and create a custom HubSpot property with the same name. Choose the appropriate mapping update rule, and resync contacts (or wait to resync contacts). 

If the Salesforce lookup isn't available in the dropdown when you create a new mapping, then it's not visible to the integration user. Make sure all fields are visible to the integration user, on all objects the connector talks to. 

Once mapped and synced, the lookup will pass the ID of the looked-up record to HubSpot. It sounds like you're just looking for the ID. If you need additional field information from the looked-up object, create formula fields on the lead that point to the necessary field. Then, map that formula field(s) to HubSpot, and resync. 

PVasani
Participante

resolver

Hello @bradmin ,
I am new to Hubspot and we are looking to integrate Hubspot and Salesforce:
Can you please tell me how can I achieve the below functionality:
I have 2 lookup fields on Lead object referencing to Campaign and Custom Object in Salesforce. I want to populate the values of the reference field from Hubspot as Leads (Contacts in Hubspot) are created in Hubspot and then sync it to Salesforce

0 Me gusta
Displaydata1
Participante

resolver

Hi,  it sounds like you know how to help me. I have contacted Hubspot support to no avail.

My Salesforce fields are integrating fine but the two fields that are 'Look-up' fields in Salesforce are integrating into Husbpot with long numbers like 0012X00001gj67d rather than the text that appears in Salesforce. 

I see you say 'If you need additional field information from the looked-up object, create formula fields on the lead that point to the necessary field. Then, map that formula field(s) to HubSpot, and resync. '

Could you point me in the right direction with this? Do you mean in Salesforce? Many Thanks

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @Displaydata1. That value represents an account record in Salesforce. (This article, as esoteric as it is helpful, breaks down what objects a Salesforce record corresponds to, based on the first three characters of the ID itself. The '001' record prefix corresponds to an account record.)

Fields in Salesforce with a lookup data type are stored with the ID. That's the actual value of the field. Salesforce makes lookups friendlier by linking to the looked-up record and displaying its name in-app, but the actual value stored is the ID itself. 

When this value syncs to HubSpot, that's all you get - the value. In this case, it means seeing an unintelligible ID, where you had hoped to see the name instead. That's where formula fields come in. 

So let's say your field is on the lead object, and is a custom lookup to accounts. Create a new formula field on leads, equal to Account.Name. (If this same custom lookup is also on contacts, create the same formula field on contacts, too, with the same API name.)

Once you're done building fields in Salesforce, map the new formula field to HubSpot, then resync records, API calls permitting. The formula field will contain the friendlier name, and the previously-synced lookup, containing the unhelpful ID-only value, can be unmapped or disregarded. 

Displaydata1
Participante

resolver

FANTASTIC thank you

0 Me gusta