CRM

ADarlington
Participant

Salesforce Lookup Fields Syncing with Hubspot

I have a field in Salesforce that is a lookup field for contacts in SF called Referral Source.  

1- I need to be able to reference that field in HS and would like to have the same functionality as a lookup field in HS so that it can sync both ways.  Is this possible?

2- I need to be able to run reports off of this field as well.  Will this be possible?

3- I am concerned that if names are typed wrong in HS since it is not a lookup field that it might not look up the field correctly when it comes back into SF.    Will the name going from HS to SF be looked-up in SF once it syncs into that field?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Unnurulfars

Hi ADarlington,
May I ask how you solved this?

Best,

Unnur

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @ADarlington,

Could you sync the SFDC picklist with a HUBS dropdown containing the same values? This would be my first course of action.

If that's not possible for whatever reason, you could create an additional property in HubSpot that is a dropdown and use a workflow to copy the value of the dropdown that is synced to the free text field as well. 

You could run reports from these but it would be ideal if you were running reports from the dropdown values, not the free text.

I hope this at least points you in the right direction!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

ADarlington
Participant

It is actually a look up field in SF so any contact in my database can be in there.  The field is not showing up in HS as a field I can use for mapping either.

0 Upvotes
JJohnson382
Participant

Sadly hubspot does not allow look up fields of other records. It only allows look up fields of hubspot users. Its a major shortcoming of the tool. You can view this idea post and upvote in hopes that hubspot product sees it.
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allowing-Lookup-Values-as-Properties/idc-p/590257

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JJohnson382,

Thank you for bringing visibility to this idea!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !