CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Salesforce Integration

SOLVE

Hi.  Received a sales call today from SalesForce. I told them we are using HubSpot and his first response was.....we integrate with HubSpot.

So here is my question - WHY???

If we are using HubSpot, what is the advantage of also using SalesForce?

Disclaimer - I am HubSpot loyal.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Salesforce Integration

SOLVE
Most customers using Salesforce and HubSpot start out with Salesforce, and use HubSpot to augment their sales automation with marketing automation. Salesforce does have its own solution, Pardot, which does some of the things HubSpot does.

That's not to say you can't start on HubSpot and add Salesforce. But at 75/user/mo. for a base version that will integrate with HubSpot (125/user/mo. for a version that will integrate AND give you decent SF tools for automation), it can be prohibitive.

Salesforce covers more of the enterprise than HubSpot does. It also allows for customizing the schema in ways HubSpot can't. Want a custom object? Want data types HubSpot doesn't have? Want to create calculated fields? Need more robust automation options behind the scenes?

Any of these reasons can be motivators to make a switch (or augment your existing subscription), but none of those on their own is a reason to do so. You'd need clear indicators from the business you need to do more with your data - or support more of the organization on the CRM - before an additional Salesforce subscription becomes worth it.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Salesforce Integration

SOLVE
Most customers using Salesforce and HubSpot start out with Salesforce, and use HubSpot to augment their sales automation with marketing automation. Salesforce does have its own solution, Pardot, which does some of the things HubSpot does.

That's not to say you can't start on HubSpot and add Salesforce. But at 75/user/mo. for a base version that will integrate with HubSpot (125/user/mo. for a version that will integrate AND give you decent SF tools for automation), it can be prohibitive.

Salesforce covers more of the enterprise than HubSpot does. It also allows for customizing the schema in ways HubSpot can't. Want a custom object? Want data types HubSpot doesn't have? Want to create calculated fields? Need more robust automation options behind the scenes?

Any of these reasons can be motivators to make a switch (or augment your existing subscription), but none of those on their own is a reason to do so. You'd need clear indicators from the business you need to do more with your data - or support more of the organization on the CRM - before an additional Salesforce subscription becomes worth it.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.