Sales Sidebar for Chrome Extension GONE

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Very unhappy that the chrome exenstion is gone.  This tool made our job to add a company and prospect so much easier!  Please put it back! 

8 Replies 8
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue. I have done all of the steps in the turtorial to fix it. None of those solutions worked so I re-installed chrome and reset everything with only the hubspot plugin connected and it still won't work. I see the plugin with read notifications but I cannot schedule, track or even see my contacts in gmail anymore so it seems like the gmail integration is broke. 

Please help! When it failed a couple nights ago it really embarrased me by sending a few scheduled emails way too early! 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

They eliminated that tool... not the gmail sales tool, but the right column of info you could see on prospects websites that had the company info and then companies similar.  That was a great tool.  I don't know why they would eliminate such a cool tool.  I am not happy about it at all. 

Nancy

Occasional Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'd quite like this back too. It was really useful for our sales team. Removing seems like a step backwards in productivity and helpfulness.

Community Manager

Hi All, Thanks for your feedback. This particular tool was sunsetted on June 13, 2017. For more information, please check out this link: Update to the HubSpot Sales Sidebar for Web

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor | Diamond Partner

Can you ask the product team to please reconsider? It's awesome for when you already know the company, and in a single click can see what's going on in the CRM, like who the HubSpot owner is (so I don't waste time researching something a colleague is working on), or if there are additional contacts now engaging with us.

It's a great tool to demo in the sales process too - Sales people 'get it' immediately and nobody else does it as well.

Also, adding the company to HubSpot with a single click is far less faff than adding it manually. 

Regular Contributor

Why was this sunsetted?  What was the purpose of this decision?  

The decision to get rid of it has only caused our team to go through more clicks and time to get the information needed.  

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

After careful review, our team found that this tool didn't align with our inbound methodology, and instead was reminisient of cold prospecting. We created the Marketing Free tools instead to help you collect more substantial leads into your databse. I can understand that it's difficult to lose a tool that you rely on. These changes are implemented to improve your experience, and if you have any feedback about additional tools you'd like to see in our suite, I encourage you to post to our Ideas Forum

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I completely disagree. It was an efficiency thing. If you met a company say at a trade show, or even when you get a referral, it was a very nice easy way to add them to your CRM without having to type a lot of information unnecessarily. I really miss this tool and also vote that we bring back the Chrome sidebar for evaluating companies online. BTW - what's wrong with cold prospecting anyways?