💬 RevOps Discussions

granthanson
投稿者

SDR -> AE Handoff Process ?

解決

Looking for some advice with our SDR to AE handoff process.  Anyone willing to share their process and how they have it set up in Hubspot?

Specific Question: Any way to copy the original contact owner (SDR in our case) on each contact/company so that as a contact moves from Lead to SQL to Opportunity we can still report on initial contact owner (who initiate the contact or lead), Hand off date etc.?

Our process right now is this:

• SDR gets round robin assigned contacts/leads.
  • After initial qualification, those contacts are marked as SQL and a deal is automatically created. 
  • AE's are automatically round robin assigned to that deal instructing the SDR which AE to set up demo with. This however, also updates the contact owner to the new deal owner (AE) and removes the SDR. 
  • We have a hidden field that is set with the initial contact owner (SDR), but that field seems to only populate the Hubspot ID. It'd be nice have the actual name. 

This process seems to work OK...but leaves me thinking - what are we missing? Is there a better way?

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @granthanson 

My first thought was that in the HubSpot user ID is static, then you could use another workflow based on in/then branches to replace the ID with the actual name. 

But then I noticed that you can now create customer HubSpot User type properties which should let you map the SDR name directly into them. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

Carly_Farlow
解決策
投稿者

解決

Hey @granthanson

I have a custom property named SDR that is a "contact owner''/"company owner"/"deal owner" type property in HubSpot. See knowledge for multiple contact owners here.

That way I never lose who the SDR was for that contact/company/deal. You can round robin using a custom owner in workflows - even though currently I don't do that. 

Hope that was helpful!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

12件の返信
polle
投稿者

解決

A newer and more suitable solution to this would be using the "Collaborators " feature which can be toggled on in Settings.

0 いいね!
SNetworth
メンバー

解決

can dogs eat Cheeto puffs? if your dog eats only one puff, he will be OK, but anything more, and more often, may cause various problems. Saturated fats are abundant in Cheetos cheese puffs. Sodium (salt) is very harmful to your pet’s health.

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender

解決

This should win an award for weirdest response to a post ever!

Carly_Farlow
投稿者

解決

Sorry, @PTaghizadeh, I never got the chance to whip that up. We recently added more BDRs to our crew and split into territories. So I've been spinning my wheels figuring out how to assign based on company type (which is being restructured) and state, which I do believe is possible. 

So instead of round robinning owners, we want to assign based on territory.

Currently, our handoff process looks like BDR books meeting using activities in HubSpot. I made an activity type of Sales - Meeting Booked (I have a workflow built that sends to Slack so everyone in the company gets to celebrate) and Sales - Meeting Delivered. BDR creates both activities and assigns to AE based on territory.  BDR also sets up a meeting for AE on their calendar with the prospect. We also use Notes in HubSpot and Slack to update AE on anything the BDR captured during their conversations. 

Hope that helps a little! 

PTaghizadeh
参加者

解決

Hey @Carly_Farlow , did you by any chance manage to whip up the process for SDR > AE? If so, could you please share it? 😄 

0 いいね!
Carly_Farlow
解決策
投稿者

解決

Hey @granthanson

I have a custom property named SDR that is a "contact owner''/"company owner"/"deal owner" type property in HubSpot. See knowledge for multiple contact owners here.

That way I never lose who the SDR was for that contact/company/deal. You can round robin using a custom owner in workflows - even though currently I don't do that. 

Hope that was helpful!

granthanson
投稿者

解決

@Carly_Farlow  @Phil_Vallender So great. I didn't even see that Hubspot added that as a field option. Love it. 

Thank you Carly and Phil for your response!

0 いいね!
Carly_Farlow
投稿者

解決

Happy to help! 

0 いいね!
maggiebutler
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

解決

@cary  this was really helpful advice. How do you document the SDR --> AE Process? Do you have any templates or models that you use?

I'm starting a new community board this week for operations folks (I'm from MOps at HubSpot) and this would be a really great topic to discuss or thing to share; I'm looking for thought leaders with ideas like yours. Please, let me know if this interests you! I'd love to tell you more. 

Carly_Farlow
投稿者

解決

Ohhh that sounds fun! I'm definitely interested. I do have workflows built in my portal that I could share. I don't have the process documented anywhere at the moment but could whip something up. 

Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @granthanson 

My first thought was that in the HubSpot user ID is static, then you could use another workflow based on in/then branches to replace the ID with the actual name. 

But then I noticed that you can now create customer HubSpot User type properties which should let you map the SDR name directly into them. 

Hope this helps.

granthanson
投稿者

解決

Shoot. A touch over my head. 🙂 Maybe support could help me do this though. Thanks for the tip.