Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

SDR -> AE Handoff Process ?

resolver
Colaborador habitual

Looking for some advice with our SDR to AE handoff process.  Anyone willing to share their process and how they have it set up in Hubspot?

Specific Question: Any way to copy the original contact owner (SDR in our case) on each contact/company so that as a contact moves from Lead to SQL to Opportunity we can still report on initial contact owner (who initiate the contact or lead), Hand off date etc.?

Our process right now is this:

• SDR gets round robin assigned contacts/leads.
  • After initial qualification, those contacts are marked as SQL and a deal is automatically created. 
  • AE's are automatically round robin assigned to that deal instructing the SDR which AE to set up demo with. This however, also updates the contact owner to the new deal owner (AE) and removes the SDR. 
  • We have a hidden field that is set with the initial contact owner (SDR), but that field seems to only populate the Hubspot ID. It'd be nice have the actual name. 

This process seems to work OK...but leaves me thinking - what are we missing? Is there a better way?

Responder
0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas

Soluciones aceptadas
Líder intelectual | Partner de nivel Diamond de HubSpot

Hi @granthanson 

My first thought was that in the HubSpot user ID is static, then you could use another workflow based on in/then branches to replace the ID with the actual name. 

But then I noticed that you can now create customer HubSpot User type properties which should let you map the SDR name directly into them. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted
Colaborador habitual

Hey @granthanson

I have a custom property named SDR that is a "contact owner''/"company owner"/"deal owner" type property in HubSpot. See knowledge for multiple contact owners here.

That way I never lose who the SDR was for that contact/company/deal. You can round robin using a custom owner in workflows - even though currently I don't do that. 

Hope that was helpful!

5 Respuestas 5
Líder intelectual | Partner de nivel Diamond de HubSpot

Hi @granthanson 

My first thought was that in the HubSpot user ID is static, then you could use another workflow based on in/then branches to replace the ID with the actual name. 

But then I noticed that you can now create customer HubSpot User type properties which should let you map the SDR name directly into them. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Colaborador habitual

Shoot. A touch over my head. Emoticono feliz Maybe support could help me do this though. Thanks for the tip. 

Highlighted
Colaborador habitual

Hey @granthanson

I have a custom property named SDR that is a "contact owner''/"company owner"/"deal owner" type property in HubSpot. See knowledge for multiple contact owners here.

That way I never lose who the SDR was for that contact/company/deal. You can round robin using a custom owner in workflows - even though currently I don't do that. 

Hope that was helpful!

Colaborador habitual

@Carly_Farlow  @Phil_Vallender So great. I didn't even see that Hubspot added that as a field option. Love it. 

Thank you Carly and Phil for your response!

Responder
0 Me gusta
Colaborador habitual

Happy to help! 

Responder
0 Me gusta