CRM

Thomas_Carlsen
Participant

Rotate late tasks

SOLVE

I would like to have task (contact and deal as well if possible) assigned to a different sales person within the team when the task is already x days late in its completion. Sometimes, certain salespeople are too busy or too lazy and tasks are not done when they should. I would like to prevent that.

How would you do that?

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Rotate late tasks

SOLVE

Hey @Thomas_Carlsen, thanks for sharing! This is a really good question.

If we're looking at tasks specifically, there's not currently much automation capability there beyond automatically creating tasks through a workflow. Reassigning tasks also needs to be done manually as well as far as I'm aware.

That said, you can definitely look at the actions themselves that need to be completed here (i.e., deal moving to a certain stage, certain contact or deal properties being updated). I'll be honest though — trying to completely automate this process can make things messy really fast and upset the sales team (especially if productive people just get assigned the work that their coworkers aren't doing). I recommend handling any contact/deal/task reassignment manually and sending some reminder emails before doing so. Here's how that could look:

You can create a workflow for each stage of your deal pipeline:

• "Deal stage" = "[deal stage name]" AND "Date entered stage: [deal stage name]" is more than 14 days ago (or whatever you decide is appropriate)
  • Send internal email notification to the sales rep/sales manager/you/anyone else who needs it

From there, you could add workflow step to create someone a task to reassign the deal or a workflow step that automatically reassigns the deal and any associated contacts (just note that the overdue tasks will still be assigned to the original user).

Some other thoughts:

> Using the "Date entered stage:" property, you can also create custom deal reports that will show you which deals haven't moved within a set timeframe. This can be used at an overall level or built out for each individual rep as well to help keep them accountable.

> At the contact level, you can use "last activity date" to see the last time a call, email, meeting, etc. was recorded on the record. That can help you identify contacts who don't appear to have been worked recently.

> Do you have a sense for why your reps aren't completing the work assigned to them? Is there something about HubSpot that's not set up to help them work efficiently? If you haven't done so already, it would be worth talking with the team to ensure that everyone understands what they need to do, knows how to use the tool, and feels it's easy enough for them handle day-to-day tasks. Make sure you and the team are taking full advantage of customized record views, sales email templates, snippets, sales sequences (if you have Sales Professional), custom deal properties, HubSpot Meetings links, custom dashboards, and any other tools that can help streamline the day as well!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
jolle
Solution

Rotate late tasks

SOLVE

Hey @Thomas_Carlsen, thanks for sharing! This is a really good question.

If we're looking at tasks specifically, there's not currently much automation capability there beyond automatically creating tasks through a workflow. Reassigning tasks also needs to be done manually as well as far as I'm aware.

That said, you can definitely look at the actions themselves that need to be completed here (i.e., deal moving to a certain stage, certain contact or deal properties being updated). I'll be honest though — trying to completely automate this process can make things messy really fast and upset the sales team (especially if productive people just get assigned the work that their coworkers aren't doing). I recommend handling any contact/deal/task reassignment manually and sending some reminder emails before doing so. Here's how that could look:

You can create a workflow for each stage of your deal pipeline:

• "Deal stage" = "[deal stage name]" AND "Date entered stage: [deal stage name]" is more than 14 days ago (or whatever you decide is appropriate)
  • Send internal email notification to the sales rep/sales manager/you/anyone else who needs it

From there, you could add workflow step to create someone a task to reassign the deal or a workflow step that automatically reassigns the deal and any associated contacts (just note that the overdue tasks will still be assigned to the original user).

Some other thoughts:

> Using the "Date entered stage:" property, you can also create custom deal reports that will show you which deals haven't moved within a set timeframe. This can be used at an overall level or built out for each individual rep as well to help keep them accountable.

> At the contact level, you can use "last activity date" to see the last time a call, email, meeting, etc. was recorded on the record. That can help you identify contacts who don't appear to have been worked recently.

> Do you have a sense for why your reps aren't completing the work assigned to them? Is there something about HubSpot that's not set up to help them work efficiently? If you haven't done so already, it would be worth talking with the team to ensure that everyone understands what they need to do, knows how to use the tool, and feels it's easy enough for them handle day-to-day tasks. Make sure you and the team are taking full advantage of customized record views, sales email templates, snippets, sales sequences (if you have Sales Professional), custom deal properties, HubSpot Meetings links, custom dashboards, and any other tools that can help streamline the day as well!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature