CRM

IArrechea

Rotate companies between sales representatives into a workflow

SOLVE

Hi there!
Hope everyone is fine.
I'm sharing with you a problem we have rotating the companies that haven't presented activity in the last 15 days between our sales represntatives.

For a better understanding of the problem, it will be important to highlight that HubSpot only has three direct filters to add as criteria using a workflow regarding the Tasks. These are under the "Engagement" filter type and are the next:
a. Task Status
b. Task Title
c. Task Type

The common problem that we are facing it´s that we have task that can be open for more than 15 days. So we are looking that this comapnies does´t enter in the rotation craetiria. For this matter, we have tried to add the fylter of "task type" is none of "completed" and "in progress", showing that if the last one its applied non of the comapnies will be reassigned.

It is important to point out that you can´t manually change the task status, these changes by default.

One of the ideas we´ve came with its to creat a new property in witch we can manully label the comapnies that have a task for more than 15 days, but due to the volume of companies we are dealling with these has been proved extremlly ineffiecient.

Does somone have an alternative for dealing with this problem?

I will be very gteatfull to hear you all.

I share with you the photo of the structure of the workflow until now.

IArrechea_0-1685644791797.pngIArrechea_1-1685644808497.png

Thanks for helping!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @IArrechea , I understand you have an issue with wanting to rotate inactive companies among your sales representatives every 15 days.

There are two possible solutions for this.

1/ One option is not to focus on tasks but instead use a standard property in companies, such as the last contact date. This shows when the company last had a conversation with sales. By using this approach, your workflow trigger will be much simpler.

2/ The second option is more refined and works based on tasks. First, create a list of companies that have a task created over 15 days ago but still have an unknown completion date. You can then use this list as the trigger for your workflow.

So there you have it – two potential ways to achieve what you're looking to do: one simpler method and another slightly more complex one requiring two steps.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful!

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @IArrechea , I understand you have an issue with wanting to rotate inactive companies among your sales representatives every 15 days.

There are two possible solutions for this.

1/ One option is not to focus on tasks but instead use a standard property in companies, such as the last contact date. This shows when the company last had a conversation with sales. By using this approach, your workflow trigger will be much simpler.

2/ The second option is more refined and works based on tasks. First, create a list of companies that have a task created over 15 days ago but still have an unknown completion date. You can then use this list as the trigger for your workflow.

So there you have it – two potential ways to achieve what you're looking to do: one simpler method and another slightly more complex one requiring two steps.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful!

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.