CRM

Assaf1
Contributor

Right to Left Capabilities

Currently HubSpot does not support Right to Left capabilities in it's product. It's really frustrating. There have been several threads about this in the past 5 years. In one thread there is a response from a HubSpot representative that this issue is being treated. That was 2 years ago.

There are 1.3 billion people world-wide that use Right to Left languages on a daily basis. It's just incomprehensible that after all these years HubSpot still doesn't attend to fix this issue. And, it's quite easy to do.

4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @Assaf1  I can't speak to HubSpot's process for implementing right to left, but it's likely not as simple as it seems. Updating the code for a website to read right to left is quite complex, I can't imagine how complex it would be to implement across their entire ecosystem. If created initially from right to left, it is no different from left to right, I think the difficulty comes in when converting from left to right AND offering both as an option.

I recommend creating an idea here. Once you do, please share the link and I would be happy to upvote. Adding your input there helps product managers understand the requirements and use case, and while this is pretty simple in that you want to read right to left, I think it is equally important to have your voice heard in the right discussion.

I was only able to find these two related ideas:

right to left in rich text editors and it looks like they've already made some updates:

We now have support for RTL languages on rich text in the Marketing Hub, CMS Hub, and the Knowledge Base app in Service Hub. If you keyboard is set to an RTL language, we will detect it and switch the orientation of the cursor accordingly. 

We use a separate text editing service for the CRM, Sales Hub and Service Hub (excluding Knowledge Base) the unfortunately is tougher to implement RTL support with. That text editing service is managed by a third party, and we currently have an issue open with them to make RTL support available. I will continue to post here as we have updates. 

And this one for Knowledge base (which appears to have been addressed in the first one linked above).

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Assaf1
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Numerous apps have right to left capabilites, so I recon it shouldn't be that difficult. You don't have to change the entire code of the web site, only the parts where there is a text editor. And you could always fall back on the most simple option - let people edit the html code sent as an email - it's just to write 2 little lines. And that's why I'm saying that to implement the ability to have right to left is quite easy: you just add a button adding these two lines <div style="direction:rtl"> and </div> at the end. That's it. But now - when I send an email through HubSpot CRM - you can't edit the html that's sent.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Hi @Assaf1 perhaps we aren't talking about this in the same way, I was speaking to the entire structure of the CRM, everything from the navigation, etc. that you interface with, not just rich text boxes. 

I can certainly understand your frustration and was only offering support in communicating your idea in the right place, where the product team can access it and where the community can support you by upvoting. 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Assaf1
Contributor

I thank you for your response and willingness to help.

Yes I believe we were talking about different things. I think for most people the problem is not about the navigation etc' but only about the rich text boxes; to be able to send a proper email with a right to left text.

You are right about the links you've attached - they are working on finding a solution, but it's been for 5 years now, so that's quite absurd.