CRM

damojag

Retrospectively Add a Deal

SOLVE

I am entering a couple year's worth of deals going back to 2015. Is there any way for these deals to show up as the deal is closed in the timeline rather than a deal from August 2015 showing up under November in the Client's Activity panel?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StephanyWHP
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hmm, doubtful. The Timeline seems to be pretty restrictive in how it displays time data, so when you're retroactively adding in Deals it will show the Close Date correctly in the Deals sidebar for the Contact/Company; the actual chronological timeline, however, will be based off of the deal's activity.

Since the Deal was technically created in, say, November, it will show up as "Deal (Deal Name) created" and then "Deal (Deal Name) moved to Approved" under the date you imported them. There's not really any way to override this, as far as I can tell. 

Also, another fun Timeline quirk is if you complete a task early (say it was scheduled for 12/10 but you completed it today) then it will still show up under December unless you also remember to update the Due Date for it to the current day. With that in mind, it's a little easier to understand the restrictions of the Timeline, I think; it really is only looking at "create dates" for things like deals and due dates for things like tasks, and isn't smart enough to use any other data to move things around chronologically. 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
StephanyWHP
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hmm, doubtful. The Timeline seems to be pretty restrictive in how it displays time data, so when you're retroactively adding in Deals it will show the Close Date correctly in the Deals sidebar for the Contact/Company; the actual chronological timeline, however, will be based off of the deal's activity.

Since the Deal was technically created in, say, November, it will show up as "Deal (Deal Name) created" and then "Deal (Deal Name) moved to Approved" under the date you imported them. There's not really any way to override this, as far as I can tell. 

Also, another fun Timeline quirk is if you complete a task early (say it was scheduled for 12/10 but you completed it today) then it will still show up under December unless you also remember to update the Due Date for it to the current day. With that in mind, it's a little easier to understand the restrictions of the Timeline, I think; it really is only looking at "create dates" for things like deals and due dates for things like tasks, and isn't smart enough to use any other data to move things around chronologically. 🙂