CRM

ASandeep

Retrieving the contact info

SOLVE

if I had already moved a contact to an opt-out list and deleted the contact, will I be able to retrieve the emails and other details associated with the contact when I reimport the contact into Hubspot? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

HI @ASandeep,

If you delete a contact, all timeline activity will be gone as well. You can however restore them up to 90 days after they were deleted but some data will still be lost, e.g. static list membership. You can learn more about that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/restore-deleted-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

(Another thing worth noting: If you perform a GDPR-compliant delete, you will not be able to re-add the contact at all.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASandeep ,

A deleted contact can be restored after 90 days of deletion. 
After restoration, data like lifecycle chnaged, workflow enrollment, emails sent, sequence activities will be rstored but data like static membership wil be lost.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

HI @ASandeep,

If you delete a contact, all timeline activity will be gone as well. You can however restore them up to 90 days after they were deleted but some data will still be lost, e.g. static list membership. You can learn more about that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/restore-deleted-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

(Another thing worth noting: If you perform a GDPR-compliant delete, you will not be able to re-add the contact at all.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

HridaySarma
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Once the contacts are deleted and reuploaded the history of the contact is gone. The only way to restore the information of the contact is to restore the contact directly from HubSpot. As HubSpot stores the data of deleted contacts for more than 2 months

0 Upvotes