CRM

thack
Membre

Restricting contacts to only be viewed by certain team members

Résolue

Wondering if I can import contacts and have them be viewable by only myself, or select team members. 

Use case:

Invetsor update emails

- Would like to upload a contact list of our shareholders and have these viewable only by management. 

- Only management can send emails to these contacts

- Only management can view the responses from these contacts. 

1 Solution acceptée
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Hi @thack 

If you wanted a [less than ideal] workaround you could create a team with you and a dummy HubSpot user and assign your "private" contacts to the dummy user.

Set the permissions so your Users can view any Contact in your Team's Contacts (and probably unassigned too).

Did that make sense? I want to draw a Venn diagram to make sure that's what you meant.

Mike

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
Mike_Eastwood

Résolue

Hi @thack 

Yes, you could achieve this by using HubSpot User Permissions, specifically Teams.

You could create a Management Team, then assign the Contacts to a User in the Management team (as shown in the link above).

Typically I set up a dummy user in HubSpot – without the assigned permissions – to double check you get the expected results.

Have fun

Mike

thack
Membre

Résolue

Hey Mike, appreciate it. For any of my contacts that are indeed for public use then would the recommended path be to just label them as unassigned? 

It kinda **bleep** to not be able to label a contact as mine without making it private. 

ie. I have 50 personal contacts that I'd like private, but 50 contacts that are my sales clients but want the team to be able to see. 

0 Votes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Résolue

Hi @thack 

If you wanted a [less than ideal] workaround you could create a team with you and a dummy HubSpot user and assign your "private" contacts to the dummy user.

Set the permissions so your Users can view any Contact in your Team's Contacts (and probably unassigned too).

Did that make sense? I want to draw a Venn diagram to make sure that's what you meant.

Mike

0 Votes
thack
Membre

Résolue

Totally less than ideal, but just the hack I was looking for! Thanks Mike