CRM

Tucker1
Participant

Restricting Permissions by Team

SOLVE

Hello all, I am hoping that someone has an easy fix for me here... I need to block certain teams from seeing other teams work.

For example, I want team A to only have the ability be to see that team B and Team C are already working with a certain contact or company already. However, I do not want team A to be able to click on the contacts that are being handled by Team B or C and see the details and information that we have gathered on that contact or company. 

Therefore, I would only want the teams to be able to see specific details within contacts or companies for the contacts or companies that their team members are working on. 

I would then want teams to see the other teams owned contacts or companies and maybe the lead status or last activity date so they can see it is currently being worked on. 

This is very important as we have different terminals and freelancers utilizing our platform. Therefore, it is critical that I can find a solution to fix this asap. 

Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated! 

2 Accepted solutions
EmmaAtKiwi
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1! You can absolutely limit what your users can see. You can create a permission set for users to only see what they or their team owns. Unfortunately, it's an all-or-nothing setting, so if you updated a user's permissions to only see what their team owns, they wouldn't be able to see the lead status or last activity date for a contact that belongs to another team.

Video here, but here are the steps written out.

1. (optional, great for organization but not required to add to a permission set) To create and assign users to teams, navigate to Settings > Users & Teams > Teams. Click Create Team, give it a name, and add users. 
  2. To create a Permission Set, navigate to the Permission Set tab and click Create Permission Set. Name it, and under Object Access, specify that you only want users to see the contacts, companies, etc. that are owned by their team. 
  3. Navigate to the Users tab, hover over the user you want to add to the Permission Set team, click Actions and select Edit. Click the Permission Sets dropdown and select the team you just made.

Emma Washington

HubSpot Director @ Kiwi Creative

3x Accredited HubSpot Platinum Partner

HubSpot Certified Trainer
Leader of B2B Technology (USA) HubSpot User Group

Join our HubSpot Community Group for B2B Technology

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Tucker1 the good news is that HubSpot's permission sets are powerful. However, there are limitations. The exact scenario you're describing isn't possible in HubSpot as I understand it. You can limit the contacts each team sees, but you can't let them see all but not see certain communications as you described. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@Tucker1 the good news is that HubSpot's permission sets are powerful. However, there are limitations. The exact scenario you're describing isn't possible in HubSpot as I understand it. You can limit the contacts each team sees, but you can't let them see all but not see certain communications as you described. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
EmmaAtKiwi
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1! You can absolutely limit what your users can see. You can create a permission set for users to only see what they or their team owns. Unfortunately, it's an all-or-nothing setting, so if you updated a user's permissions to only see what their team owns, they wouldn't be able to see the lead status or last activity date for a contact that belongs to another team.

Video here, but here are the steps written out.

1. (optional, great for organization but not required to add to a permission set) To create and assign users to teams, navigate to Settings > Users & Teams > Teams. Click Create Team, give it a name, and add users. 
  2. To create a Permission Set, navigate to the Permission Set tab and click Create Permission Set. Name it, and under Object Access, specify that you only want users to see the contacts, companies, etc. that are owned by their team. 
  3. Navigate to the Users tab, hover over the user you want to add to the Permission Set team, click Actions and select Edit. Click the Permission Sets dropdown and select the team you just made.

Emma Washington

Tucker1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @EmmaAtKiwi. Would the other team at least be able to see that the company / contact is owned by another team?

0 Upvotes
EmmaAtKiwi

SOLVE

@Tucker1 no sir, as far as Team B is concerned, anything owned by Team A doesn't exist, they cant see anything owned by Team A. Now you can set the permissions to SEE everything owned by anyone, but only EDIT things their team owns.

Emma Washington