CRM

Augustus
Top Contributor

Restrict deals moving backwards to other pipelines

SOLVE

The new feature to restrict deals moving backwards through stages is great, but does it extend further to restrict movement backwards to other pipelines.  We have multiple pipelines that act in a sequence so if a deal moves from one pipeline to another, it is like moving backwards through the sales process.  Therefore, we need a way to restrict that.  Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Augustus,

My apologies for the late reply here. The approach would be the following: A certain property would be required for a deal to move between pipelines. This property is set to view-only and cannot be edited by users. It's value is only set by a workflow whenever the necessary conditions are met.

Here's what you'd have to do:

1. Set up a single checkbox deal property
  2. Use a deal-based workflow to check it whenever the requirements are met for a deal to move between pipelines
  3. Set the property to view-only
  4. Make it a required property for the target deal stage

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Augustus,

There are ways to move deals to another pipeline, even with pipeline rules applied. While it's not possible to select a deal in the list or board view and edit the pipeline / stage (HubSpot will show a popup, saying that this is blocked), it's still possible to simply open the deal record and update the pipeline / stage in the top left corner.

You could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

These requests submitted to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community are reviewed by the HubSpot product team, based on their popularity and the assumed demand.

If you have an Enterprise subscription, you can leverage view-only properties and required deal-stage properties for a workaround. In Professional or lower this is not possible. Let me know if I should explain the workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Augustus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler thanks for the feedback.  Yes, could you share your thoughts on the view-only properties and required deal-stage properties to restrict movement of deals between pipelines?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Augustus,

My apologies for the late reply here. The approach would be the following: A certain property would be required for a deal to move between pipelines. This property is set to view-only and cannot be edited by users. It's value is only set by a workflow whenever the necessary conditions are met.

Here's what you'd have to do:

1. Set up a single checkbox deal property
  2. Use a deal-based workflow to check it whenever the requirements are met for a deal to move between pipelines
  3. Set the property to view-only
  4. Make it a required property for the target deal stage

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Augustus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler that solution makes sense and is very helpful!

0 Upvotes