CRM

smthgclvr8
Participant

Restrict Tracking/Logging for Company Domain - "Never Track List"?

SOLVE

Hi, 

Is it possible to NOT track the opening of emails if the tracked email is opened by someone who is cc'ed or bcc'ed on the email? For example, I email a client and cc someone on my team. The tracking feature tells me it was opened a certain number of times but not who opened it. If my colleague opens it 3 times for some reason, are each of those times tracked and "counted" by the CRM?

There is a "Never Log List", is there a "Never Track List"? It would be most helpful if only client opens were tracked and reported to know that my email had been read/opened by the client. 

Thanks, 

Julien

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"Is it possible to NOT track the opening of emails if the tracked email is opened by someone who is cc'ed or bcc'ed on the email?"

You are correct, @smthgclvr8. It is NOT possible to separate tracking on recipients cc'd or bc'd. The same tracking pixel is used on all copies of the email.

>>"If my colleague opens it 3 times for some reason, are each of those times tracked and "counted" by the CRM?"

Yes. Every open is tracked and reported as long as the recipient email client allows viewing of the tracking pixel (aka: images).

- see 'Someone' notification in HubSpot Sales email extension

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"Is it possible to NOT track the opening of emails if the tracked email is opened by someone who is cc'ed or bcc'ed on the email?"

You are correct, @smthgclvr8. It is NOT possible to separate tracking on recipients cc'd or bc'd. The same tracking pixel is used on all copies of the email.

>>"If my colleague opens it 3 times for some reason, are each of those times tracked and "counted" by the CRM?"

Yes. Every open is tracked and reported as long as the recipient email client allows viewing of the tracking pixel (aka: images).

- see 'Someone' notification in HubSpot Sales email extension

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
smthgclvr8
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your response Frank. 

Wouldn't it be beneficial if there were a way to only include the tracking pixel on the direct addressee email and not on emails that are ccs or bccs? Isn't the whole point of email tracking to allow the sender to be aware of when their email is opened by the targeted client but not necessarily by those cc'ed?

I understand that the easiest solution would be to just not include cc/bcc emails but that doesn't seem like an appropriate solution given that it complicates keeping colleagues/collaborators abreast of an evolving situation/sale. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Certainly. I agree in concept. However, the implementation if unique pixel assignment based on cc/bc is not trivial, nor is it limited to HubSpot.

Maybe add the suggestion to the HubSpot Ideas forum. Not sure it will get much traction, but you'll get my vote! 🙂

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com