Response emails are not logged in Hubspot after the sent email was logged

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, 

My response emails are not logged into Hubspot. 

My email provider is godaddy and it's linked to office365. 

I'm using outlook on mac with install integration for sales email tracking. I clicked both ticks for email tracking and logged on Hubspot. The sent email was recorded on hubspot but no response or open. The same problem occurred when sending direct email from Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Community Manager

Hi @MiraIv

Can you please share the email address you are experiencing issues with? Additionally, any screenshots and links to contact records would be great. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello,

The email register with Hubspot is Shell@fitnessmarketplace.com . As I mentioned before I can send emails without any problems. It's just when the receiver response the emails are not recorded on hubspot . Please let me know if you would need anything else.

Thank you for your help.Screen Shot repondent email not tracked on Hubspot .pngScreen shot showing the respondent email is missing on hubspot .png 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MiraIv

Do you  know who your email provider is? I can see your email address is connected through Outlook, however if you're having issues with the functionality of the extension, then the issue may be a result of using the wrong connection type. Please confirm your email provider is Outlook. You can use this tool to see who your email provider is: https://mxtoolbox.com/. 

If your email provider comes back as something other than Gmail or Outlook, you should connect your inbox through the imap connection option

Thanks, 
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello,

Yes as I mentioned in my first email the provider is godaddy. I have tried to set the email as you suggested but exactly the same problem. The email is sent without any problem, recorded to Hubspot, received by the recipient but no tracking open notification or tracked reply email on Hubspot. I read on one of the community articles that with other emails the tracking back rate or recording reply emails are not very good. Is that correct and how can i fix that problem?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MiraIv

Are you sending the email through HubSpot or through your inbox? Additional information that would be helpful: are you using a PC or a Mac? Do you use the Outlook plug in or add in?  

If you can send along screenshots of emails that are replies to emails that did log in the CRM and links to the contacts' records, I can dig into this further on my end. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello Jenny, 

I have tried both methods email and direct from Hubspot. At the moment I changed the connection to the email to IMAP and send direct email from Hubspot. Exactly the same problem occurs. I'm using Mac and therefore I can not use the plugin (only add-on). However, even when I send it directly from HubSpot and use the google chrome plugin is only showing the open rate to Gmail emails and not to others (for example Shell@Shellfoster.com who is also hosted on GoDaddy). I have sent screenshots before but will attach some more again. This has been way too long and I'm out of guesses what might be the problem. Please have a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what the solution could be. 

Looking forward to your expedite reply. 

Thank you for your help and understanding. 

Best Regards,

Miroslava 

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.17.36.pngrecorded email and open notification on hubspotScreen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.18.45.pngResponse email that has not been tracked and recorded on Hubspot

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MiraIv

If your email is hosted by Godaddy, you will need to stay connected over imap. Please refrain from trying to connect over other connection paths as this will disrupt the troubleshooting process. 

If you can please send me the email header from the email that is not logging (the header of the reply that is not logging). For instructions on how to get an email header, click here

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes