CRM

Liran_Shaked
メンバー

Required properties per pipeline and deal's stage

解決

Does HubSpot have the ability to set required properties per pipeline and per deal's stage?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

- see Mandatory properties on Deals ...

hubspot-deals-stages-mandatory-properties.png

Notice the need to REQUIRE the same Deal Property at various stages!

Also, requiring Deal Properties must be implemented at the Deal Stage level for every Pipeline where you need it to work.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

15件の返信
CBN
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks for the description @MFrankJohnson 

However, this is a very surprising implementation:

"Notice the need to REQUIRE the same Deal Property at various stages!

Also, requiring Deal Properties must be implemented at the Deal Stage level for every Pipeline where you need it to work."

It works counter intuitive to how a deal pipeline (or any other pipeline) normally works. You enhance the details as you go along and if you skip a stage or two you need to fulfil all requirements as you have define. Setting the properties on each stage is not very logical as you cannot make the assumption that no deal reaches beyond a certain stage without having the required properties set.

JohnRavanal
参加者

解決

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

- see Mandatory properties on Deals ...

hubspot-deals-stages-mandatory-properties.png

Notice the need to REQUIRE the same Deal Property at various stages!

Also, requiring Deal Properties must be implemented at the Deal Stage level for every Pipeline where you need it to work.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gelflex-cc
キーアドバイザー

解決

@MFrankJohnson what level of service is needed for this?

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

@gelflex-cc

Required Deal Properties appear to be working on all HubSpot tiers.

- see Set Properties for Moving Between Deal Stages
- see Set up and customize your deal pipelines and deal stages

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
BastiSchuhl
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @MFrankJohnson, thanks for the input. I've noticed (and discussed this with HS Customer Support) that the required fields for the first stage of a pipeline do not have any effect when creating a new deal.

So despite the fact that the user interface suggests that it is possible to set required properties for the first stage of an individual pipeline, it is currently NOT possible (for newly created deals). So, for new deals, there's only a global setting to require certain required properties across all pipelines within an account; which is far from ideal and really limits the proper use of this.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, @MFrankJohnson . I would love to hear a workaround solution for this problem if you happen to have one 😉

Thanks!

MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

Hi @BastiSchuhl,

You are correct in that both deals AUTO-CREATED via HubSpot workflows AND deals AUTO-CREATED outside the HubSpot UI (i.e., via the HubSpot Deals API, or integrations) allow us to disregard some 'required' deal properties at creation time -- A VERY BAD PRACTICE we see far too often. However, in all cases, Pipeline and Stage are either required or assumed when auto-creating a deal -- see HubSpot Deals API - Create a Deal.

That being said, we've seen nothing to suggest that deals created MANUALLY within the HubSpot UI allow such behavior.
- see image

HubSpot MANUAL Deal Creation (required properties)HubSpot MANUAL Deal Creation (required properties)

It would be helpful if you could share your use case contradicting behavior described in this thread.

cc: @Josh

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
BastiSchuhl
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I think I might not have communicate my issue clear enough, so let me try again.

There IS a global functionality to required manually entered proeperties for new deals created across all pipeline (as shown in your screenshot).

However, there is NO OPTION to select required properties for the FIRST STAGE of one SPECIFIC PIPELINE.

So, I cannot force users to enter Properties A and B for Pipeline 1 and 

force users to enter Properties C and D for Pipeline 2. Correct?

Because despite the fact that the pipeline deal settings' interface suggests such functionality (see my screenshot attached), it doesn't affect NEWLY CREATED deals.

Hope this clarifies my challenge a bit. If you know of a workaround to achieve this, please do let me know. Thank you!
Sebastian

scrnli_14-8-2019_11-07-52.png

MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

>>"However, there is NO OPTION to select required properties for the FIRST STAGE of one SPECIFIC PIPELINE. So, I cannot force users to enter Properties A and B for Pipeline 1 and force users to enter Properties C and D for Pipeline 2. Correct? Because despite the fact that the pipeline deal settings' interface suggests such functionality (see my screenshot attached), it doesn't affect NEWLY CREATED deals."

The functionality you describe should work when creating deals MANUALLY in the interface.

HubSpot's 'required property' pipeline settings functionality works correctly (as originally described) in our portals on a pipeline-by-pipeline basis when creating new deals MANUALLY. If you're seeing different behavior, you'll want to reach out to HubSpot support directly to have them take a look. (may be a paid feature)

cc: @jennysowyrda 

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
BastiSchuhl
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

interesting. It doesn't seem to work for us this way, I'm afraid.

I did send and email to HS customer support just now to get a definite answer on whether it's possible or not. I will update this thread once I know more.

Thanks for the help!
Sebastian

0 いいね!
BastiSchuhl
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

HS Customer Support got back to me now. They confirmed that at this time it is not possible to enforce different required properties for different pipelines. However, they're actively working on this feature and also pointed me towards this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-specific-Default-Deal-Properties/idi-p/12943

Here's the reply I got:
"Currently, you are correct that you cannot set Pipeline A to require properties 1 + 2, then set Pipeline B to require properties 3 + 4. We can only set account-wide required properties.

That being said, I know the team is actively aware of this issue and working on a solution. I don't have a time frame, but it's a short-medium term and actively worked on update, not a long term one. That screenshot you provided of the "update deal stage properties" will only pop up when a sales rep tries to move a deal between pipelines, so that just determines what you make into a required field when it comes time to move Deal 1 from Pipeline A into Pipeline B.

This is coming, because there's high demand, but the back-end system architecture isn't quite ready yet."

Thanks for your help, @MFrankJohnson !
Sebastian

scrnli_14-8-2019_11-07-52.png

HKroon
参加者

解決

The specific issue addressed here is actually found at HubSpot Community - Require specific deal properties based on pipeline - HubSpot Community  This was in development a year ago and as of October 2020 still does not have an ETA.  This is a major shortcoming and limits us in both Deals and Tickets.

MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

Thought there may have been some miscommunication going on here, and the Community Idea cited in your last post regarding "Pipeline specific Default Deal Properties" confirms it ...

"Required properties per pipeline and deal stage" -- the title and topic of this thread -- are very different from "Pipeline specific Default Deal Properties" cited in that Ideas post.

Default Deal Properties are systemic and refer to properties included in ALL deal pipelines. Correct -- they are NOT pipeline specific.

Required Deal Properties are pipeline specific AND deal stage specific.

Original solution stands.

Good luck on your default deal properties issue.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
carlosrmgaspar
参加者

解決

Hello,

Can we enforce those mandatory properties to be filled by a specific person or group of persons?

Like having an external department to verify whether or not this deal is ok to move from stage A to B

Thanks,
Carlos

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

@carlosrmgaspar

Not certain what person-specific or group-specific deal property enforcement would look like at the deal stage level. Also, not certain how recent updates to user permissions and enrollment in multiple teams affects mandatory properties at specific deal stages.

Don't suspect either has an impact currently. However, suspect updates to permissions in 2020 might ... we'll have to wait and see.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!