CRM

RebeccacH

Reporting on number of contacts added by a specific user

SOLVE

I have a requirement to report how many contacts are added by a particular user.  Is there a way of filtering using the 'created by' field?

These contacts are immediately assigned to a different sales person, so using the 'contact owner' field is not possible.

I can see that it is possible to view this data for an individual record, however I need some sort of report or list.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RebeccacH,

This information isn't available in a contact property but there might be a workaround.

The first step would be to create a custom HubSpot user property, explained in the last bullet point here. Effectively, this is giving us a second owner field for any contact. I see this commonly used for a marketing owner, a sales owner, a services owner but we can also this for the 'User who created contact'.

Whoever creates new contacts, could put their name in the 'User who created contact' field. (Depending on how contacts are created, this can be of course automated. If users upload lists, they would have to add an additional column for the 'User who created contact' or bulk edit the property after importing. If contacts are created through forms, the new property could be a hidden field etc.)

With this information stored in its own property, you can build lists and reports as usual. Unfortunately, this would only take effect with new contacts.

(Is there any other unique identifier that you could use to backfill this new property? Import names, postal codes, create dates...?)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MarcosAtehortua
Participant

SOLVE

This is not a solution, this is a workaround. 

A solution would be to filter based on the user who created the contact without having to hack (add an additional property).

0 Upvotes
GMatos
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, I was wondering if we can use the Original Source Drill-Down 2 property to have this. I created a report with the filters "Contacts Original source drill-down 2 has ever been equal to any of userid:00000" or
"Contacts Original source drill-down 2 is equal to any of userid:00000". @karstenkoehler  Can we use this?

0 Upvotes
SKripp
Participant

SOLVE

I can't believe this isn't a feature - we have staff who are responsible for record creation and others that are responsible for ownership and management - This property would be so useful for us!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RebeccacH,

This information isn't available in a contact property but there might be a workaround.

The first step would be to create a custom HubSpot user property, explained in the last bullet point here. Effectively, this is giving us a second owner field for any contact. I see this commonly used for a marketing owner, a sales owner, a services owner but we can also this for the 'User who created contact'.

Whoever creates new contacts, could put their name in the 'User who created contact' field. (Depending on how contacts are created, this can be of course automated. If users upload lists, they would have to add an additional column for the 'User who created contact' or bulk edit the property after importing. If contacts are created through forms, the new property could be a hidden field etc.)

With this information stored in its own property, you can build lists and reports as usual. Unfortunately, this would only take effect with new contacts.

(Is there any other unique identifier that you could use to backfill this new property? Import names, postal codes, create dates...?)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.