CRM

BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

Report on Primary Company only on deals

SOLVE

We only sell through Partners ,so the Primary Company to the deal is always the partner; to track end customers, the end customer (Company) is associated to each deal. I am trying to create reports for pipeline generation, closed won deals.. etc. for each Partner, however the 'Primary Company' is not a field I can pull into any report, and any deal reports that I create pull in ALL associated companies (so is double counting the deals.)

This seems like a basic reporting requirement that I don't seem to be able to do?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BMilaszkiewicz 

Good news, HubSpot have recently released Association Labels which will solve your reporting requirements.

It will probably take a bit of fiddling to set it up but it's worth the effort.

We've run some trials and we're now setting it up for our clients (we're a HubSpot Partner Agency).

Have fun

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @MiaSrebrnjak 

View solution in original post

ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @BMilaszkiewicz , 

@Mike_Eastwood is absolutely right, here. Association Labels is the way to go. One thing I'd like to add is, where you'll find these labels to filter your custom reports. When getting started by picking your data sources, you can click on Customize associations and see your labels that you setup before.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 09.29.40.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-18 at 09.29.51.png

Cheers, 

Chriso

  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @BMilaszkiewicz , 

@Mike_Eastwood is absolutely right, here. Association Labels is the way to go. One thing I'd like to add is, where you'll find these labels to filter your custom reports. When getting started by picking your data sources, you can click on Customize associations and see your labels that you setup before.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 09.29.40.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-18 at 09.29.51.png

Cheers, 

Chriso

  

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BMilaszkiewicz 

Good news, HubSpot have recently released Association Labels which will solve your reporting requirements.

It will probably take a bit of fiddling to set it up but it's worth the effort.

We've run some trials and we're now setting it up for our clients (we're a HubSpot Partner Agency).

Have fun

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @MiaSrebrnjak 

SBisset

SOLVE

What's not so good is that the Association labels dont appear to be exposed via the API.  

I'm trying to stick within the rules here by not raising a new Q inside an existing Q, But I have a v similar requirement to the OP, with the exception that I'm trying to report Deal  object Primary Associated companies via ODBC.  

That question is located here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Primary-Company-in-a-Deal/m-p/949258#M72182  I hope it is acceptable to post this link here, given the similarity of the questions.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BMilaszkiewicz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:   

hi @ChrisoKlepke@mike-ward@Mike_Eastwood, do you have any tips for @BMilaszkiewicz? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings